Tape Echo and Analog Deluxe Memory Man delays?

Here is the patch. I use it for a volume swell. So you will need to remove or fix the volume block for your own purposes. Also you will probably want to reduce the feedback. I use this for a wash of sound so it has a high feedback.

Also you will want to change the cabs to something else. They are set to user cab 9 which on mine are RedWirez AC30 silvers.

Attachments

• Ambient Ballad &Drv.syx
    2 KB · Views: 115
I forgot with that patch, I control the feedback with the level parameter of the delay block. I have an external controller hooked to that. You'll probably want to change that.

Sean, that sounds awesome!

I actually liked the tape echo in GR and was struggling with how to set that up in the axe. Gonna download your patch and use it as a baseline.

Thanks!

Bob G said:
It's sad that Fractal Audio would choose to ignore the need for tape echo and tube tape echo models specifically available in the delay block.

There is obviously a huge percentage of Axe-Fx users who would want these models and who would benefit from having them to add the characteristic texture and spacial interest to their music that Echoplex and other tape echo devices offer.

Having to reverse engineer the recipie and ingredients for a Tube Tape Echo unit model myself using what little I know about them from a design and construction perspective seems like way too much for a simple musician to have to figure out.

I agree. After one year of tweaking my Axe-Fx I still haven't found a real tape echo simulation. I had the Roland RE-501 and some other old (and cheap)tape echoes in the past, so I know what I'm looking for. Maybe I'll buy a genuine tape echo machine once again...

here's a patch in honour of my sold-long-ago Dynacord Echocord Super

the delay is grunged up with Tape Distortion and the sequencer very slightly modulates the delaytime (high damping) to add a random element to the pitch drift.
I even tried adding a synth block to add some white noise, but that was just silly... :lol:
turn up the level of the distortion for more dirt (obviously)

Attachments

• Dyn-a-Chord.syx
    2 KB · Views: 64
I look forward to trying that patch. I've been curious about the possibilities of using a random sequencer to make values drift a bit like that. I hadn't thought of using it as a way to simulate an analog delay though.

D

Back
Top Bottom