Tapatalk Popup Discussion

I use Tapatalk all the time to access the forum from my mobile and it would not work this morning ... and this is why:cry

it is a total shame that they insist on the stupid ad all the time bugging people and it is also a shame that they screwed with the interface in the recent release.

I stepped up to join the latest beta to at least try and steer it in the right direction, I will report the issue with the ad to them too and the fact that people complaining about it has resulted in forum pulling the plug on it

Forumrunner was OK, but has totally failed to keep up-to-date and as a result feels totally dated and clunky.

I have given feedback to tapatalk regarding the overuse of the Ad has resulted in support being withdrawn.... Along withe comments on the UI.

Just looked at forumrunner again after a year or so, buggy as hell, no updates, flakey support for iOS 7 let alone iOS 8. Looks like the product has been abandoned.

So looks like we are going to have to get used to the mobile browser skins and their reduced functionality.

Last edited:
Tapatalk app still works for me, as I'm writing on it right now, but the ads through the browser are gone! Thanks!

Don't like tapatalk. I have no idea how it's selecting the suggestions it's showing, usually not stuff I would be interested in. I can never find what I was looking at before. Don't like the interface. Don't like that I can't find how to enter what I want. Don't care to invest time to find out.

Much prefer web version of the forum, even on my phone. And dislike the ads very much. Stop showing me ads for something I already have! Had.

Uninstalling now, btw.

9gag is doing the same now, when I try to look at a post on FB it shows me a full screen of "9gag is better on our app!!". No way to disable that screen. Close window. And away it goes. I'm sure I'll have a fulfilling life without 6gag. or 2gag. or whatever.

See what's been accomplished now!?!

The current version of Tapatalk is utter garbage, but if you saved the old versions....they still work. Ah well, I guess it's back to pinch-zoom in, pinch-zoom out.

Well, I went back to ForumRunner and every time I open a YouTube video from within a post the app crashes, either on YouTube startup or when it's finished. Sigh. . .

Tapatalk Pro worked fine for me, no ads whatsoever. Was all this fuss about ads appearing in the free version? Kinda sad to loose access to the app over that. Again, sigh. . .

I just tried Safari on my iPhone. Works in a pinch, but not a pleasant experience or particularly viable for regular access.

We've taken a step backwards.

Terry.

Soundcloud links never work in forumrunner on my nexus 5. They always include the "/soundcloud" tag text when passing the URL and I have to go in and manually delete it and refresh the link.

Well, I went back to ForumRunner and every time I open a YouTube video from within a post the app crashes, either on YouTube startup or when it's finished. Sigh. . .

Tapatalk Pro worked fine for me, no ads whatsoever. Was all this fuss about ads appearing in the free version? Kinda sad to loose access to the app over that. Again, sigh. . .

I just tried Safari on my iPhone. Works in a pinch, but not a pleasant experience or particularly viable for regular access.

We've taken a step backwards.

Terry.

Forum Runner has not been updated in 2 years, so it looks like it has been abandoned and there are signs of any future development.

the issue with ads is that if you use a mobile browser to access a forum that has the tapatalk plugin installed it will prompt you with an Ad inviting you to try tapatalk ... this is what non tapatalk users are seeing and, quite rightly, complaining about.

We are in a bad situation where:-

1. The mobile browser interface is feature limited
2. Forum Runner works-ish, but is buggy as hell and not likely to get any better
3. tapatalk have alienated their customers and forum admin by redesigning their interface constantly, not listening to the feedback and annoyed potential users by spamming them.

Think I will chose option 1

Please re enable tapatalk. The Ad has been there for years, it's nothing new. You shouldn't punish those of us who enjoy the convenience of Tapatalk or force us to purchase another piece of software when we've already paid for TT.

Please reconsider and turn TT back on.

From tapatalk support:
(to remove the popup)
If you are administrator of the forum, you can check tapatalk options, find an option named "Iphone Product Message" if you see the popup on iphone, leave the option value empty and no popup would appear on iphone/ipod.

https://support.tapatalk.com/threads/how-to-disable-the-tapatalk-pop-up.8032/

Looks like the ad issue was fixed -but with a hammer cuz now my Tapitalk does not work at all with this forum. I too hate the latest version but it was still much better than nothing.

Tapatalk is now disabled for this forum. I did this once before and there was much moaning but this was the last straw.

Those of you on mobile devices who want to use an app, please change to ForumRunner. I find it better anyway.

That's why I was having trouble logging in today.

Will look into ForumRunner. Thanks!

-PJ

Just adding my two cents...

south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg

Thanks. That's all. :)

Cliff, but you do, you just probably don't know it.
[...]
I'm sure it's just some little setting somewhere in the config file and you guys could easily disable it.

Look Cliff, we all know you're good with like guitar stuff and things, but you really need to know when someone clearly knows better than you. Just press the button that says "No ads". Listen to the man.

i think the problem here is the use of the word "ad." i don't think the Tapatalk popup is considered an "ad" in the same way as a google ad for something like Sweetwater or some local shop.

the forum software they use apparently has a code in there to suggest using the Tapatalk app when accessed from an Apple device (maybe other devices). since that app is free, it's not really an "ad" but more like an additional service provided.

so i think that's why Cliff stated there are no ads, which he's correct (depending how you treat the Tapatalk suggestion).

but almost EVERY forum i visit on an Apple device has the same pop up for Tapatalk. so it's not something FAS put there on purpose or anything. until the last update, Tapatalk was a great app for viewing forums. that said, even with the last update where they changed the formatting, i got used to it and it works much better on a phone-size device than the web browser.

i'm not sure Wolfenstein98k's comment and tone was necessary :)

Back
Top Bottom