Tap Tempo: what am I doing wrong?

As an aside, I should mention that, as a test, I did try changing the MIDI/Remote -> Other -> Tempo Tap to PEDAL1 and though it does cause some odd behavior in the FC (not surprising), the FC LED does still flash.

Default out of the box (no changes). Layout 2... the Tap Tempo is not working. Axe is v2.05. FC is 1.0. I'm currently looking for FC firmware.

In the manual, it says that the tap tempo switch "serves the same function as the Tempo button on the Front Panel" and "The LED ring flashes the current tempo". On my switch set to "Utility-Tap Tempo", the tempo doesn't change when tapping and the LED ring does not flash. The front panel button works as expected.

Since I haven't seen anyone else mention this, I must be doing something stupid. Help?

Got my FC-12 today and having the exact same issue.

ahh ok. thanks.

if the OP's FC is truly showing 1.00 and not 1.03, this could be the cause.

Absolutely no if about it.

proof.png

Thanks for your assistance!

I thought the FC firmware was loaded from the Axe Fx?

Are you guys with 1.0 running Axe Fx firmware 2.05 beta by any chance? I don't recall if the display denotes beta vs production.

I thought the FC firmware was loaded from the Axe Fx?

Are you guys with 1.0 running Axe Fx firmware 2.05 beta by any chance? I don't recall if the display denotes beta vs production.

I'm running the release version. Never even downloaded the beta.

I wonder whether it's because I updated the firmware before I had an FC.....but if that was it then nearly everybody would have the issue.

I'm running the release version. Never even downloaded the beta.

I wonder whether it's because I updated the firmware before I had an FC.....but if that was it then nearly everybody would have the issue.
I did the same thing... And mine works fine.

I'm on 2.05 for the Axe FXIII and 1.03 for the FC-12. I updated to 2.05 before I got the FC-12 also. Make sure you are on a preset and effect that uses tap tempo. Go to the scenes layout and try the tap tempo there. I never changed anything in that factory layout and the ring is flashing around the tap tempo button in that layout here. On some layouts I modified earlier tonight I accidentally changed something that caused the ring around one of the LEDs not to work at all. It happened a couple of times. Both times it was because of something I set wrong.

Thanks for the reply trancegodz. I should have made it clear in my OP that the tap tempo button was not flashing with the factory default settings before I made any layout changes.

Back
Top Bottom