Tap Tempo: what am I doing wrong?

ElectricPhase

Fractal Fanatic
In the manual, it says that the tap tempo switch "serves the same function as the Tempo button on the Front Panel" and "The LED ring flashes the current tempo". On my switch set to "Utility-Tap Tempo", the tempo doesn't change when tapping and the LED ring does not flash. The front panel button works as expected.

Since I haven't seen anyone else mention this, I must be doing something stupid. Help?

Ring color is set to 'default' and is solid bright blue. Same result regardless of layout.

Also tried removing the Tuner from the hold function--same result.

Is your Tempo perhaps assigned to a switch or CC# on your Utility menu in the AxeFX III? I'm not sure if that would override the FC or not.

Edit: Sorry, not the 'Utility' menu, the 'MIDI/Remote->Other' menu.

In the manual, it says that the tap tempo switch "serves the same function as the Tempo button on the Front Panel" and "The LED ring flashes the current tempo". On my switch set to "Utility-Tap Tempo", the tempo doesn't change when tapping and the LED ring does not flash. The front panel button works as expected.

Since I haven't seen anyone else mention this, I must be doing something stupid. Help?
where exactly are you setting this switch up? in the EZ tab?

I set up the switch in the Layouts tab. I hadn't tried the EZ page at all yet.

Here's what the EZ tab shows for the button:
TAP FUNCTION
Switch Ring Color: Default
Category: Utility
Function: Tap Tempo
Mini-Display Label: Function
HOLD FUNCTION
Function: Tuner

Edit: @Manny Kuhn "MIDI/Remote -> Other -> Tempo Tap" is set to "NONE"

I set up the switch in the Layouts tab. I hadn't tried the EZ page at all yet.

Here's what the EZ tab shows for the button:
TAP FUNCTION
Switch Ring Color: Default
Function: Tap Tempo
HOLD FUNCTION
Function: Tuner
is your FC displaying the same Layout that you actually programmed?

EZ is great because you're editing the currently selected Layout always. because you said your "Tap Tempo" switch light is Blue, i feel you're not on the correct layout. isn't the default color for Utility functions white?

FC-12 or FC-6?

Default layout 2 for the 12 has a Tap tempo button, so maybe try to see if that one is working?

is your FC displaying the same Layout that you actually programmed?

EZ is great because you're editing the currently selected Layout always. because you said your "Tap Tempo" switch light is Blue, i feel you're not on the correct layout. isn't the default color for Utility functions white?

Axe-FX III firmware is 2.05. FC-12 version shown at startup is 1.00.

I just did the following:
1) Opened the EZ tab.
2) Tapped switch 6 on my PERFORM 1 layout.
3) Selected the RESET SWITCH function and confirmed.
4) Selected Category: Utility and Function: Tap Tempo

Mini LCD reads 'Tap Tempo'; ring is solid bright blue (doesn't flash). Tapping the switch shows 'Tap Tempo' and the current tempo in BPM on the main display but does not change the tempo on the Axe-FX III. Tapping the tempo switch on the front panel or the GUI button in Axe-Edit does change the tempo. I get the same result whether Axe-Edit is running or not.

Edit: I did notice in someone's FC-12 video on YouTube that their FC-12 version at startup was 1.03. I assumed that the video was from a beta tester with a later version. The FC is updated automatically, right?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom