FC Internal Firmware 1.03

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
Like every Fractal Audio product, the FC-6 and FC-12 can be updated and improved/enhanced through future firmware updates.

Unlike past products, however, FC controllers rely on a connected device—the Axe-Fx III—for both set up and operation. Therefore, most FC "features" are actually Axe-Fx III features and the FC will be expanded/improved/fixed via new firmware for the Axe-Fx III.

The FC does, however, have its own internal firmware for basic low level functions. This may sometimes require an update, though such updates are expected to be infrequent.

FC Firmware 1.03 is the first public release and should be pre-installed on every FC. (Watch the FC during startup to see its current version displayed.)

Should you require 1.03 for any reason, it is now available on our web site, packaged in a zip file with instructions.

https://www.fractalaudio.com/fc-download/

Here's a video showing how to update. It's the exact same process for an FC-6 and FC-12.

Thank you, Chris! I was at an event most of the day, but had a few free minutes to watch this. When I got home, I was able to update the firmware quickly and easily from memory.

Last edited:
Here's a video showing how to update. It's the exact same process for an FC-6 and FC-12.

Thanks for the informative video I look forward to seeing more of these videos. This definitely is helping me out. I want to learn as much as I can so I can hit the ground running as soon as I get an FC12. Thanks again Chris. :)

Back
Top Bottom