TAF "The Legends" UltraRes IR OUT NOW!

I don't want to derail this thread any more than it already is, but I have a different take on the idea of a limited pack.

First off the impending release of CabLab will allow us to mix UR IR's soon. That makes the variety in a collection a lot more valuable and actually necessary. An IR that doesn't sound great by itself is probably one of the ones that you would need to mix with a good one to make it a great one.

But the real issue I have with the idea of someone going through and handpicking what they believe are the best ones and packaging it up as a product is that flies in the face of the ideology of the AxeFXII which is that we do not settle for what someone has decided sounds good or is acceptable for us. It's about discovering and creating it ourselves.

And I know that if he had come out and said "I made 700 IR's, but I'm only releasing 20 of them" that no matter how great those 20 sounded there would be clammering for him to release the entire set.

You also have to take into consideration the work that is involved not only creating them but in the managing of the packages afterwards. If he has one product he is selling that makes it easier deal with. Once he starts breaking it up into 50 products that makes it harder to deal with and I'd imagine that every sale has some kind of overhead processing fee. Keeping it simple is probably the best way to go about it.

Plus it's like he said once he put it out there and people bought it than it would be pretty unfair to change the product into something that may have been better suited for them. You have to take into consideration your customer base that has already paid as well.

He could have done it a million different ways and none of them would be perfect for every single person. But the simple fact is that it's his product and he has every right to decide how best to market it. At the end of the day it is his product and if makes millions or if he doesn't make a nickel than that is all on him. It's a free market. He's providing a product and if it sells than he is obviously doing it the right way.

I mean we'd all love to have the ability to go in and pick 5 great IR's and pay $.70 for each of them and be done with it. You'd never see a second package released though. That's not a sustainable business model.

Guys, Andy has quite rightly gained a reputation as one of the best IR Producers around today. He has delivered (arguably) the best Kemper profiles over recent years and in doing so contributed to the success of that product. Now, thankfully, us AxeFX users can benefit from his production skills, I think we need to show some gratitude and make the most of the IR's he has provided. I'm sure some of the 'Business 101' posters have the best intentions but it's really not rocket science and it's a bit like teaching your granny to suck eggs.

For the record, I was one of the people who would prefer a light version of mixes simply because I don't have the time or inclination to create my own, but I'm more than happy to purchase the whole package and just use the mixes.

Andy, if you read this, try not to worry too much about the clucking that goes on here, you wouldn't believe the amount of business advice Sir Cliff himself gets on this forum so you're in good company!

I just hope we haven't discouraged him from producing future IR pacs. I have heard nothing but great things about his other works & look forward to hearing these myself.

All the contrary, we as costumer are expressing our thought in a civil matter and he is listening according to his last post so a good business man that listened to its customers will deliver accordantly.

Andys work is impeccable and i see this is just the first dedicated IR product he has made so we can expect a lot more things from The Amp Factory in the future.

Anyone who has seen my website knows I value the market, I deal in smaller packs and have done for a long time for this very reason that a lot of you are concerned about.. - But this is a new crowd, I had no idea on market response, you only ever "do" by learning.. its always better to scale downwards than upwards and by this I mean listening and getting a happy medium. - this release is now what it is, I cant change it, as I have to protect the people that have already purchased - however I can learn from this going forwards assuming the "want" is here..and quite frankly Ive not heard too much about that as the entire thread is riddled with other quires that is quite concerning to me.

Bottom line, It was about choice, - I was asked, I obliged, completed the work and was very happy with the results, I also hoped you would all be too and we could all get along nicely.

Im happy to work with people & happy to listen, but please some of you do not insult me. (you know who you are)

All the contrary, we as costumer are expressing our thought in a civil matter and he is listening according to his last post so a good business man that listened to its customers will deliver accordantly.

"this release is now what it is, I cant change it" & "Im happy to work with people & happy to listen, but please some of you do not insult me. (you know who you are)" do not support your above statements.

"this release is now what it is, I cant change it" & "Im happy to work with people & happy to listen, but please some of you do not insult me. (you know who you are)" do not support your above statements.

Mm, since you are playing quote detective can you please point me where the insult is???

Mm, since you are playing quote detective can you please point me where the insult is???

You would have to ask Andy. That is his quote, not mine. I have no idea who he was referring too. It does indicate that in his mind, not ALL customers were expressing their thoughts in a civilized manner.
If quote detective = actual facts, then yes, that is what I prefer to deal with whenever possible. Sometimes that's hard to find on the internet. Over & out & on to buy the full TAF pac as it exists today.

Last edited:
Any time I drag cabs to user slots 50 to 100 they will not save. Slots 0 to 50 work just fine. Has anybody else had this problem?

I bought the ultra res pack but auditioning them is a pain without access to these extra 50.

Thanks

After spending a couple of hours with these I want to say I really like the ambiance of the ROOM mixes. Dare I say it adds a little "amp in the room" flavor to the sound.

Great job on this pack, I'm very happy with my purchase. I'd love to know a little back story on the Marshall 1x12 proto as I am a long time G. Moore fan. This could be digitally helping me live the fantasy of playing through some of his gear. :)

It doesnt matter if I drag one IR or a bunch into user slots 51 to 100 because the results are the same. The cabs drag in fine and seem to save when I press save however when I go back to them the slots are always empty. The same process works fine for slots 0 to 50.

I am hoping I dont have to reformat the entire box.

Thanks

Andy, I bought these the other day and used them for a big recording session with lots of different sounds and styles, and they were incredible. It was so fast and easy to make presets, literally just an amp and one of your 'room' mixes, I didn't even need to touch EQ or add reverb (only touched gain and brightness knobs occasionally, everything else default. These were the best sounds I've ever recorded in both tone and feel, and they took almost no effort.

Seriously, it could not have been any easier. I haven't tried any of the individual mics, but IMHO for those of you who would like something simple, this is it.

Seriously, after reading some posts: if I were the manufacturer, I'd simply refuse orders from people who give 'instructions'.
What's wrong with listening to customer-feedback? o_O

There would be next no innovation for any product without customer-feedback.

What's wrong with listening to customer-feedback? o_O

There would be next no innovation for any product without customer-feedback.

Absolutely true.
Wishes, requests and suggestions: great. As you know I'm not holding back when it comes to my own wish lists. :)

But here wishes are phrased as demands by some, terms like "discriminate" are being used. That entitlement thing.
It's only IRs, it's not human rights.

Hi Andy, quick question, do you know what year the AC30 cab/speakers are from?

Its the "Blue buldog" era, so I don't know the exact year as its harder to date a cab than an amp, but I think this is a 65, or 69, the baffle version on the cone, they removed this in the 70's, and then put it back in the 80's for some reason!.

After spending a couple of hours with these I want to say I really like the ambiance of the ROOM mixes. Dare I say it adds a little "amp in the room" flavor to the sound.

Great job on this pack, I'm very happy with my purchase. I'd love to know a little back story on the Marshall 1x12 proto as I am a long time G. Moore fan. This could be digitally helping me live the fantasy of playing through some of his gear. :)

Ok this is where it gets fuzzy, - this cab was a prototype design, and under strict orders from G.Moore, it was suppost to be his "signature cab" but it never made it to production, he used 1x12's to record with, but BW cabs to play out, the 1x12 is an over-sized cab with a empty box to help resonance in certain freq.. (like a tim tim drum today, or whatever they are called..) - this works fantastic if you play alone, or record alone.. but as soon as you get drums/bass involved the special empty freq box starts to interfere.. so they stopped at this prototype but he carried on using it for several album recordings, and soon became his fav cab. R.I.P Gary

Ok this is where it gets fuzzy, - this cab was a prototype design, and under strict orders from G.Moore, it was suppost to be his "signature cab" but it never made it to production, he used 1x12's to record with, but BW cabs to play out, the 1x12 is an over-sized cab with a empty box to help resonance in certain freq.. (like a tim tim drum today, or whatever they are called..) - this works fantastic if you play alone, or record alone.. but as soon as you get drums/bass involved the special empty freq box starts to interfere.. so they stopped at this prototype but he carried on using it for several album recordings, and soon became his fav cab. R.I.P Gary

What speaker type is in it?

I'd love to know a little back story on the Marshall 1x12 proto as I am a long time G. Moore fan. This could be digitally helping me live the fantasy of playing through some of his gear. :)

That cab had me curious as well when reading about it on the website. I would like to hear more details on that cab (and any others) as well.. just purely out of guitar geek curiosity on my part... as always.

Edit- posted this before reading on to the post that talks about that cab. -Thanks Andy

Its the "Blue buldog" era, so I don't know the exact year as its harder to date a cab than an amp, but I think this is a 65, or 69, the baffle version on the cone, they removed this in the 70's, and then put it back in the 80's for some reason!.

Thanks mate, perfect, purchase incoming!

Back
Top Bottom