TAF "The Legends" UltraRes IR OUT NOW!

Purchased The Legends last night. Ready to audition this weekend. :)

EDIT: so reassuring to read the reviews above and below! Can't wait to crack'em open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Ok this is where it gets fuzzy, - this cab was a prototype design, and under strict orders from G.Moore, it was suppost to be his "signature cab" but it never made it to production, he used 1x12's to record with, but BW cabs to play out, the 1x12 is an over-sized cab with a empty box to help resonance in certain freq.. (like a tim tim drum today, or whatever they are called..) - this works fantastic if you play alone, or record alone.. but as soon as you get drums/bass involved the special empty freq box starts to interfere.. so they stopped at this prototype but he carried on using it for several album recordings, and soon became his fav cab. R.I.P Gary
very interesting and even cooler to have IRs of this. would love to know what speaker's in this one too. didn't he usually put EVs in everything ?

Ok this is where it gets fuzzy, - this cab was a prototype design, and under strict orders from G.Moore, it was suppost to be his "signature cab" but it never made it to production, he used 1x12's to record with, but BW cabs to play out, the 1x12 is an over-sized cab with a empty box to help resonance in certain freq.. (like a tim tim drum today, or whatever they are called..) - this works fantastic if you play alone, or record alone.. but as soon as you get drums/bass involved the special empty freq box starts to interfere.. so they stopped at this prototype but he carried on using it for several album recordings, and soon became his fav cab. R.I.P Gary

Look at this people complaining! Andy gives you access to a cab that in any other lifetime you'd have ZERO chance of being able to play for ANY sane amount of money and...it's all bitch and moan.

Andy, thanks again. The mixed IRs worked fantastic in rehearsal on Wednesday night. You've got a great ear. I got to roll back any extreme EQ settings. The IRs did all the cutting and boosting for me. Worth every penny to get your mixes.

Yeah, the "Start Here" Mix IR's sound great ! Love the Vox 212 for clean and the TangoMat Mix for heavier... good stuff !

These IR's are incredible. I've not tried many so far, just a few of the Mix IR's, but it really feels like the final part of the AxeFX jigsaw to me. A couple of my patches which never felt quite right are now singing. I was always a little bit skeptical when Cliff and other power users emphasised the importance of IRs but I'm firmly sold now.

If anyone isn't sure whether to get these I would strongly recommend that you do, they are imo great value.

How long does it usually take to get the email link after paying for these via the website? My paypal payment was confirmed 30 mins ago and I cant download anything yet!!!! I've never had to wait for digital downloads before, is it a non-automated back end to the website?

How long does it usually take to get the email link after paying for these via the website? My paypal payment was confirmed 30 mins ago and I cant download anything yet!!!! I've never had to wait for digital downloads before, is it a non-automated back end to the website?

I never got one. I went to the Purchase History tab, logged in using the name and email address previously submitted, and the file was there..

Ah cheers guys, that worked. Must say that website is poor. Not much data on the IRs (I went by peoples recommendations on here) and the checkout experience wasnt up to standard.

Is anyone that bought these a big OH user? If so, how do they compare (similar cab to similar cab)? In particular to the OH SP T1 and T2 mix versions.

Any clips/comparisons out there/ Anyone willing to do a couple?

Is anyone that bought these a big OH user? If so, how do they compare (similar cab to similar cab)? In particular to the OH SP T1 and T2 mix versions.

Any clips/comparisons out there/ Anyone willing to do a couple?

I don't have any clips at the moment, but my initial impression is that the OH UR IRs are brighter with a bit more of a hi-fi sound to them compared to the TAF mixes. The TAF mixes seem to have a more natural midrange and slightly more detail, especially when playing with those dynamic in-between sounds. Both are good for different things, and so far I don't regret owning the OH or the TAF mixes.

I will say that the TAF AC30 cab mix absolutely slays for the Vox sounds. It's awesome.

It doesnt matter if I drag one IR or a bunch into user slots 51 to 100 because the results are the same. The cabs drag in fine and seem to save when I press save however when I go back to them the slots are always empty. The same process works fine for slots 0 to 50.

I am hoping I dont have to reformat the entire box.

Thanks

After you load cabs, have you tried the Pause button in the top left corner of Axe-Edit and then un-pause it to refresh and see if they populate? I have had this issue happen to me as well but for only slot 100. All other 99 slots load fine.

I purchased and downloaded this IR collection today and took some time this evening to run through the mix IR's in the 'Start Here' directory. My initial impression? They sound fantastic! Generally speaking I prefer the sound of these to any of the other IR's (stock and aftermarket) available for use with the AxeFX II. Thanks Andy! :)

I'm really looking forward to the CabLab update now.

Last edited:
I don't have any clips at the moment, but my initial impression is that the OH UR IRs are brighter with a bit more of a hi-fi sound to them compared to the TAF mixes. The TAF mixes seem to have a more natural midrange and slightly more detail, especially when playing with those dynamic in-between sounds. Both are good for different things, and so far I don't regret owning the OH or the TAF mixes.

I will say that the TAF AC30 cab mix absolutely slays for the Vox sounds. It's awesome.

Great assessment and I totally agree. So far I'm finding that I have a slight preference for the OH for my real high gain stuff for this very reason, but I like the TAF mixes for the clean and lightly distorted patches. Who knows what I'll find when the new Cab Lab comes out though... I'm sure I'll be doing some experimentation with my own mixes then. It's the nature of the beast!

Back
Top Bottom