Wish Syx to Wav Impulse Responses

Status
Not open for further replies.

ApocalypticKatana

Experienced
I’d like a way to convert the files captured in the IR Capture Utility in axe edit III from syx to wav files

I know of the deconvolution method but I found there is a certain variable which can change the resulting file , more explained here https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/deconvolver-question.179542/

I’m mainly interested in the way the the axe fx captures the data quoute
I don't know. Some might actually up-convert.

The best way to capture an IR is to use the Axe-Fx itself. It employs several tricks that result in higher-quality data.

Last edited:
Don't hold your breath for that wish to get implemented.

There used to be a third party software freeware called JoJo's Sysex Converter that converted SYX to 48 KHz 24 bit WAV files.

Fractal changed SYX file format for their cabs so the freeware was unusable.

This
Don't hold your breath for that wish to get implemented.

There used to be a third party software freeware called JoJo's Sysex Converter that converted SYX to 48 KHz 24 bit WAV files.

Fractal changed SYX file format for their cabs so the freeware was unusable.
That sucks but it’d greatly appreciated

I just hope more people will see this and +1000

I think this would be a valuable feature. If Fractal offers it then they can simply make sure it does not apply to factory IRs but only user IRs. If you want to capture factory IRs you can already do it in your DAW even if it's not particularly convenient.

But I assume Fractal prefers to sell their Cab Lab software for this. I just have no interest in buying that until it supports Fullres IRs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom