Wish Synth Block: Option for old behaviour of Shift parameter when tied to modifier

npx

Inspired
I’m trying to recreate some personal live presets from my Axe-Fx II in my Axe-Fx III, and when I connect the Shift parameter in the Synth block to an LFO it behaves very differently between the two units.

On the II, the LFO creates a smooth pitch glide, whereas on the III, the pitch change is in hard semitone increments.

Here's a very basic (presets also attached) audio example to demonstrate.

Axe-Fx II:

Axe-Fx III:

Axe FX III Firmware release notes for FW 16.05 state "Improved behavior of Synth block Shift control when attached to a modifier” which is perhaps when this behaviour changed, but I'm not sure.

My actual presets are more complex, with other modifiers like envelope already tied to frequency etc, so thus far I haven’t been able to find a workaround to recreate them accurately due to the Shift control now stepping in hard semitones.

Could a switch be placed next to the Shift control to select “smooth” or “stepped” modifier behaviour in order to bring this functionality back as an option?

Attachments

• AXE II SYNTH SHIFT LFO TEST.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 1
  • AXE III SYNTH SHIFT LFO TEST III.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 1
Axe III's shift is quantized to half step values. Perhaps they can add a switch for turning that quantization off.

Back
Top Bottom