Wish Synth Block - Add notes option to Frequency dial

+1 - went thru a whole tedoo to map notes to frequencies and then map those frequencies to modifier 1-127 values (+ storing those in an intermediary midi tool) to be able to set synth root notes / chords with foot switches.

Last edited:
This would make workflow quicker so I am all for it but then there would maybe have to be a master setting to choose either frequency values or note values.

On a related topic, why only 3 voices in the synth block? Seems and odd or arbitrary limit to me (but then again what the hell do I know about these things?)
If the synth block received an overhaul to implement note values then having extra voices would be awesome addition.

On a related topic, why only 3 voices in the synth block? Seems and odd or arbitrary limit to me (but then again what the hell do I know about these things?)
If the synth block received an overhaul to implement note values then having extra voices would be awesome addition.
3 notes form a triad chord. The number doesn't seem odd or arbitrary. Of course it could be a tetrad, but that may consume more CPU and resources.

You can add the 2nd Synth block to have 6 notes, and Pitch blocks to add octaves or expanded harmonies.

3 notes form a triad chord. The number doesn't seem odd or arbitrary. Of course it could be a tetrad, but that may consume more CPU and resources.

You can add the 2nd Synth block to have 6 notes, and Pitch blocks to add octaves or expanded harmonies.
I've used a couple of synth blocks extensively when I had my XL+ and then adding scene modifiers. The triad I understand, but I'd always be wanting the lower octave root note, the fifth, the triad, and then another one for specific voicings without using another block.

As musicians, and more importantly as Fractal owners, we always want more..!

why only 3 voices in the synth block? Seems and odd or arbitrary limit to me (but then again what the hell do I know about these things?)
More voices = more CPU, but I would also imagine OFF voices wouldn't add any CPU.

Could also be a signal-generator DSP limitation.

As far as I can see the synth block can only use frequencies expressed in number, it would make it a lot faster to program chords if it was possible to do that with the name of the note (like C4, A5 etc...).
Workaround: set the frequency to 440Hz (or whatever precise note frequency you prefer) and use the shift control to alter the notes

Back
Top Bottom