AFIII Synchronicity Pt II & other The Police songs

fremen

Axe-Master
Vendor

A taste of things to come !

Recently a good friend reached for help, as he needed sounds for a The Police tribute show. I had to make him presets for around 15 songs. Usually he use a tube amp and a big pedalboard, but this time, he's going to borrow my Fractal Audio FM9.

Here's some of the sounds I made for him ! It's a still a work in progress (there's too much reverb on the "reggae scene" for "Walking on the moon", things like that...). I'm working on the Axe-Fx III, then transfering the sounds in the FM9, that's why I stayed with firmware 25.02, for total compatibility.

I'll add a few more songs that I personally like, and you can guess what's coming soon ;)

I covered "So lonely" with my very first band, we played it during our first show, on 9th December 1983. And then, in 1985-1986, I played in another band which covered many more Police songs. I need to relearn most of them (the "Driven to tears" of the video, ouch...), but it's tons of fun for me, a great trip into nostalgia !

Last edited:
Thanks guys! Using a real Telecaster makes all the difference, in the past I tried to make some Andy Summers sounds with a Strat or worse, an Ibanez, but it's not the same. And, as much as I love my Tom Anderson custom Telecaster, I realized that it isn't a real Tele, it's not nasty sounding enough (but such a pleasure to play!)

Thanks Keith!
Here's almost the same video, with final versions of the presets this time. At the end, I show how to have the harmonies with the "Message in a bottle" riff - it's quite tricky, as it requires some expression pedal moves ;) this harmony isn't simple, as the intervals with the main riff aren't regular

Back
Top Bottom