Switching scenes and getting volume drop outs

??? so why do we have the X/Y Settings ???

i also find that switching Scenes without USB Connecting is slower than before FW 13.... sometimes useless.
In Studio last Month i could not use the Scene change feature... to much lag :-(
So i had to record every Part separate....
Now i'm trying to minimize Scene change feature and also X/Y is useless because of the lag...
If you have a fast song and need instant switch to a new sound it takes more than a Second without USB connected :-(
I never had this with FW 11.... i think i start with FW 12 that the lag become to much so that you really notice that...
I really hope there will be a fix soon...

Im in the same boat man!

with AE open.. when testing your preset's behaviour / functionality, switch off AE's communication with the Axe [via one of the AE dropdown menus]
try your preset out.. if you want to make further alterations to the preset, reassume AE's communication with the Axe [by clicking in the AE window]..
and if you want to tweak some more.. drop communication again.. etc

maybe try this [which is how I solved my prob]

make a copy of your preset.. this copy is purely for test purposes..
in the copy, strip everything but the amp and cab blocks, save and test scene switching

this should work perfectly
if it does not:
check your amp / cabs scene by scene, you are looking to see if they are X or Y, plus any changes in level settings in the blocks
check the level scene by scene in the grid output and make sure that it don't change

if it works perfectly, go back to your original preset, copy it over the top of your test copy, strip everything but the amp, cab and delay blocks and test again..

if that's good you copy over the copy again, and strip everything up amp, cab, delay and reverb blocks and test again..

you keep doing this until you find the rogue block or grid routing that's causing the issue
it's simply a matter of being systematic..

Back
Top Bottom