Switching scenes and getting volume drop outs

Gorilla

Experienced
I'm on a Mac and using fw11 with AE3 and I'm getting bad drop outs when switching scenes. Example If I go from scene 1 to scene 2 I get a volume drop out. Usually 2-3 quick ones... but it's enough to be bothersome.

Anyone else getting these?:-| Seems to only happen when AE3 is being used. If I turn AE3 off and switch scenes it's not there.

Thanks and sorry if this is mentioned elsewhere. I didnt see it

That's because of the required syncing.

When using AE, use AE to switch scenes.

If i remember it right, its possible to switch on/off syncing in AE midi-settings!
Try that, and you should be able to have AE running, but you wont get AE to follow the Axe when you change presets/scenes.

If i remember it right, its possible to switch on/off syncing in AE midi-settings!
Try that, and you should be able to have AE running, but you wont get AE to follow the Axe when you change presets/scenes.

Not in AE3. It would not make sense in the "new paradigm".

Thanks for replys!

I use my MFC101 to switch, and I can see AE3 buffer or something between scenes.
Ill try some of the suggestions

Thanks

Good to know! I've noticed it, but wasn't sure why,knew it had to be an ax edit thing!

I get a 1-2 second drop out when changing scenes... Doesnt matter if its on the AE (latest version), the front panel of the Axe Fx II (mark II) or the MFC101 (mark II)... Using the latest firmwares for both the Axe and MFC. Preset is under 80%. But I do have some x/y states changing. Is there a way to fix this? Playing in an extreme metal band its quite important for fast scene changes (change scene about 30 seconds after each other). Thank you for reading and please help me.

I get a 1-2 second drop out when changing scenes... Doesnt matter if its on the AE (latest version), the front panel of the Axe Fx II (mark II) or the MFC101 (mark II)... Using the latest firmwares for both the Axe and MFC. Preset is under 80%. But I do have some x/y states changing. Is there a way to fix this? Playing in an extreme metal band its quite important for fast scene changes (change scene about 30 seconds after each other). Thank you for reading and please help me.

Is your Axe connected to Axe edit while you experience this?

You can however "pause" AE (starting on the current version) when you want/need to use your midi controller.

I'm surprised Yek didn't recommend this :)

Use "Settings -> Pause Communications".

Kevin

If your active amp(s) is changing X/Y state during scene changes, you will likely experience dropouts.

yes and my drive pedal. Any ideas how to shorten the drop out? 1 to 2 seconds is a long time no matter what type of music you play... Or should I just switch presets instead?

Is it only when AE is connected or is it anytime the USB connection is hooked up? I'm tying to use scenes for the first time and I'm not getting anything close to instantaneous switching (preset switching seems faster). I believe things are a lot better when I do not have the USB cable plugged in, but I'm still testing. It could be that things are okay until I launch AE and then they don't get better if I close AE. The preset I'm using is at 82% CPU with two amp blocks. There are 3 scenes. I am not using X/Y states. Any help would be appreciated.

Are you using 1 Amp block or 2?

What is your CPU usage?

1 amp. About 60 - 65% cpu...

So the signal chain is as follows:
1 gate - 1 drive - 1 amp with x/y config for scenes - 1 cab - 1 reverb - 1 delay.

With or without usb/AE it is very annoyingly noticeable when changing scenes...

1 amp. About 60 - 65% cpu...

So the signal chain is as follows:
1 gate - 1 drive - 1 amp with x/y config for scenes - 1 cab - 1 reverb - 1 delay.

With or without usb/AE it is very annoyingly noticeable when changing scenes...

Use 2 amp blocks instead... put them in parallel, and set the bypass mode to "MUTE".

Leave your existing amp block's X settings alone, and copy to the Y settings to amp block 2's X.

Change your scenes to switch between amp1 and amp2 rather than amp1's X/Y.

Change your scenes to switch between amp1 and amp2 rather than amp1's X/Y.

??? so why do we have the X/Y Settings ???

i also find that switching Scenes without USB Connecting is slower than before FW 13.... sometimes useless.
In Studio last Month i could not use the Scene change feature... to much lag :-(
So i had to record every Part separate....
Now i'm trying to minimize Scene change feature and also X/Y is useless because of the lag...
If you have a fast song and need instant switch to a new sound it takes more than a Second without USB connected :-(
I never had this with FW 11.... i think i start with FW 12 that the lag become to much so that you really notice that...
I really hope there will be a fix soon...

Back
Top Bottom