Support for MIDI banks?

I'm not using MIDI-OX. Im trying to use MFC with the III and get it to where you change a preset on the III and the MFC receives the program change. As soon as you change a preset on the front of the III its sends the change and the MFC responds then the flood begins and locks up both until you disconnect the midi out of the III to midi in on the MFC. Using 2 midi cables.
The MFC should not *respond" to changes on the Axe Fx III. That indicates bidirectional communication.

Do you have Axe Fx Mode set to "None"?

I'm not using MIDI-OX. Im trying to use MFC with the III and get it to where you change a preset on the III and the MFC receives the program change. As soon as you change a preset on the front of the III its sends the change and the MFC responds then the flood begins and locks up both until you disconnect the midi out of the III to midi in on the MFC. Using 2 midi cables.
You shouldn't be using two midi cables.

I'm working on setting up my foot controller (Mastermind GT) with the Axe-Fx III, and have run into a snag with with MIDI preset selection. For some reason MIDI bank changes aren't working. I've tried MSB, LSB, MSB:LSB... no dice. Also tried sending bank/preset changes with MIDI-OX over USB and unable to get presets over 127 to load.

I know the mini utility app is able to reach presets above 127, but I'm not sure if that utility app is using standard MIDI bank/preset switching to do so.

Does the Axe-Fx III not support bank changes over MIDI at this time? Or am I (hopefully) doing something wrong?

Did this get fixed? I see "Fixed MIDI bank select" in the release notes for v1.05, but I'm getting this behavior with my Mastermind LT running v1.06. If the fix is still pending, that's cool. If not, perhaps a kind soul with an RJM controller can point me in the right direction to get banks working?

You shouldn't be using two midi cables.

Would you elaborate please on why you cant use 2 midi cables? Is it possible to have the mfc send program changes to the axe iii, and also have the axe send program changes to the axe by rotating the main knob?

I am trying to program an FCB1010 to change preset/ banks & also sw some blocks on/off in Stompbox mode, UNO chip, but sending bank change & preset change in the same message requires two presses of the same sw to activate both. Ie first press of a pedal changes the prerset but the second is then required to change the bank. Odd. No it's not in Toggle Mode.

Any ideas gratefully received...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom