Support for MIDI banks?

jasonmauer

Inspired
I'm working on setting up my foot controller (Mastermind GT) with the Axe-Fx III, and have run into a snag with with MIDI preset selection. For some reason MIDI bank changes aren't working. I've tried MSB, LSB, MSB:LSB... no dice. Also tried sending bank/preset changes with MIDI-OX over USB and unable to get presets over 127 to load.

I know the mini utility app is able to reach presets above 127, but I'm not sure if that utility app is using standard MIDI bank/preset switching to do so.

Does the Axe-Fx III not support bank changes over MIDI at this time? Or am I (hopefully) doing something wrong?

I have been scratching my head for days over this LOL. I use an iPad/iPhone app to switch my presets, cant access any bank other than 0. I thought it was the app I use but just checked and it works fine with my II XL+. Thought I was going to have to do the midi mapping hopscotch game. Hope to see this fixed in the next firmware update. Thanks Admin M@ for bringing it to Cliffs attention.

Hey admins, can we get an Axe-Fx III Bugs forum going so we have a place to report and verify these issues? (I also ran into a crasher today where the Axe-FX III completely locked up while sending out gobs of SysEx data at an insane rate.) I'm sure I'm not the only one here who'd like to help you guys work out the kinks.

Hey admins, can we get an Axe-Fx III Bugs forum going so we have a place to report and verify these issues? (I also ran into a crasher today where the Axe-FX III completely locked up while sending out gobs of SysEx data at an insane rate.) I'm sure I'm not the only one here who'd like to help you guys work out the kinks.
Ha ha ha ha ha I did the exact same thing with a very BAD ending. Had to do a hard rest just to get the III going again. It was ugly, a good half hour of total panic. I would reboot the III the start screen would come up with progress to where it goes to the home screen and just a black screen would come up. Fractal bot would throw a cant communicate error. As soon as you touch anything on the III the midi flood would begin. If you unplugged it from the midi out port fast enough it would recover but I let it go too long the last time. This was while I was trying to send midi PC back to the MFC. It did send the preset change back to the MFC but goes all to hell after that.

Ha ha ha ha ha I did the exact same thing with a very BAD ending. Had to do a hard rest just to get the III going again. It was ugly, a good half hour of total panic. I would reboot the III the start screen would come up with progress to where it goes to the home screen and just a black screen would come up. Fractal bot would throw a cant communicate error. As soon as you touch anything on the III the midi flood would begin. If you unplugged it from the midi out port fast enough it would recover but I let it go too long the last time. This was while I was trying to send midi PC back to the MFC. It did send the preset change back to the MFC but goes all to hell after that.

Yeah, what I saw coming from the III in MIDI-OX was big chunks of SysEx data (spread across 3 messages; around 700 bytes total) at an incredible rate, like insane fast. Most I've ever seen come over MIDI. I'm guessing there's a feedback loop or something along those lines constantly responding to its own messages once it gets into that funky state.

Yeah, what I saw coming from the III in MIDI-OX was big chunks of SysEx data (spread across 3 messages; around 700 bytes total) at an incredible rate, like insane fast. Most I've ever seen come over MIDI. I'm guessing there's a feedback loop or something along those lines constantly responding to its own messages once it gets into that funky state.
Jasonmauer I was just wondering what you had the the midi out connected to when you were seeing the flood?

MIDI-OX always creates a feedback loop when you first connect to a new device. You need to go into routings and remove the path from in to out.

That might a good organized way to identify, track status etc of known issues...+1 for that

MIDI-OX always creates a feedback loop when you first connect to a new device. You need to go into routings and remove the path from in to out.
So does this mean shut off midi PC send all together on the Axe FX III or just change the channel that send midi PC sends on? So that its not omni or the same Tx channel.

Sorry for my ignorance, didn't know MIDI-OX was an app. I know just enough about midi to be a danger to myself. o_O

Is this feedback loop something that can be fixed in firmware? Maybe a setting in MIDI/Remote General and add an advanced section with an On/Off option for System info transmit. I understand you wouldn't want the system info disabled while using Fractal bot/ FracTool/ Axe Edit/ Axe III mini utility and so on. Or I'm wondering if I could use a midi filter box to filter out system messages. Searching around the net I see a few such filter boxes for sale just don't have any experience with them. Mind you all this is just to have MFC receive program changes from Axe III without the flood issue.

Is this feedback loop something that can be fixed in firmware? Maybe a setting in MIDI/Remote General and add an advanced section with an On/Off option for System info transmit. I understand you wouldn't want the system info disabled while using Fractal bot/ FracTool/ Axe Edit/ Axe III mini utility and so on. Or I'm wondering if I could use a midi filter box to filter out system messages. Searching around the net I see a few such filter boxes for sale just don't have any experience with them. Mind you all this is just to have MFC receive program changes from Axe III without the flood issue.
The feedback loop is created by the MIDI-OX program itself. That's why you fix it in MIDI-OX, not in Axe-Fx firmware.

I'm not using MIDI-OX. Im trying to use MFC with the III and get it to where you change a preset on the III and the MFC receives the program change. As soon as you change a preset on the front of the III its sends the change and the MFC responds then the flood begins and locks up both until you disconnect the midi out of the III to midi in on the MFC. Using 2 midi cables.

I'm not using MIDI-OX. Im trying to use MFC with the III and get it to where you change a preset on the III and the MFC receives the program change. As soon as you change a preset on the front of the III its sends the change and the MFC responds then the flood begins and locks up both until you disconnect the midi out of the III to midi in on the MFC. Using 2 midi cables.
In that case, I'll bw out and let someone with MFC-101 experience respond.

Back
Top Bottom