Suggestions for a 2U Rack Case for the Axe FX 2 XL+

chugsandtone

Hello Everyone,

My last post was asking everyone over here to convince me to get an AXE FX 2 and it worked! I finally got the Axe FX 2 XL+ :)

I'm planning to get the Gator GR-2S rack case. Is anybody over here using the case?
Does the AF2 XL+ properly fit inside the rack? Is it durable ?
Also, do you you any issues while closing the front and back lid ?

Hello Everyone,

My last post was asking everyone over here to convince me to get an AXE FX 2 and it worked! I finally got the Axe FX 2 XL+ :)

I'm planning to get the Gator GR-2S rack case. Is anybody over here using the case?
Does the AF2 XL+ properly fit inside the rack? Is it durable ?
Also, do you you any issues while closing the front and back lid ?
I use the Gator GR-3S so I can keep my Furman power conditioner in there, too. Works great! Been gigging with Gator cases for 15 years now at well over a hundred gigs a year. These cases also did well with my Triaxis and VHT 2/50/2, which weigh a billion times more than the Axe, and they performed great. No issues with lids. I even got a Hosa angled power cable so I can leave my Axe plugged into the Furman even when putting the rear lid back on. No issues, room to spare.

The only thing I would not trust this case with would be something other than car transport, for example a plane, train, or bus. If it was put into storage I'd be nervous. There is no shock absorption in the case, so it will protect from dings, but the constant vibration and shocks would rattle the heck out of your Axe. Maybe I'm worrying too much? However, on a cushy seat my car, I never worry about it.

Is anybody over here using the case? Does the AF2 XL+ properly fit ... do you you any issues while closing the front and back lid ?
It fits. There's even space to carry a few cables in the back. If your mains cable has a right angled plug then you can leave it connected. Like CactusTone I use a 3U, with a half space wireless receiver above the AxeFX. The aerials fold down and fit within the front cover.

Back
Top Bottom