Stymon Timeline

i have no doubt i can get it done with my II, i just wish i could dial it in
with a single block. can more parameters or presets be added to the delay block to
get in the ballpark quickly? hard to get this sound thrown together quickly on the fly.

What if we had some way of saving multiple blocks as sort of a macro block? That way you could save a group of blocks and then load that group into whatever preset you like. So say someone comes up with a way to mimic one of the Strymon's sounds using a drive, delay, and reverb. They could save those blocks as one macro block, share it, and then people could load that into their own presets. Does this make any sense?

What if we had some way of saving multiple blocks as sort of a macro block? That way you could save a group of blocks and then load that group into whatever preset you like. So say someone comes up with a way to mimic one of the Strymon's sounds using a drive, delay, and reverb. They could save those blocks as one macro block, share it, and then people could load that into their own presets. Does this make any sense?

That would be a great idea..especially considering the new effects only floor unit that Cliff mentioned was in the works, (which i want!)

Well couldn't resist the pull of this thing any longer!! :D

Just ordered..though could be a while before i actually have it in hand! I want to get the tones for this out of my Ax II, and maybe they will be there, but until i can get them i will enjoy the Strymon hooked up to my Ax II.

If at some point, Don, you want to replicate the tones on your Ax II when it arrives, i will send it over to Germany for you to dissect then everyone can enjoy!! (and everyone can pay the postage :D)

Last edited:
A nice patch for picking out chords, individual notes.

Set delay time, shimmer volume to suit.

Attachments

• Surreal.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 24
Any of you guys that felt the need to buy a Timeline because your weren't 100% satisfied with the Axe-FX II delays will be very happy when Cliff releases the new true tape delay emulation he's been working on...

Because then you'll be able to sell the Timeline and make your money back :).

NICE!!!!

That is what I have been hoping for!!

I sold my El Capistan and regretted doing so... At least from a tone perpective.

This makes me very happy... Can't wait for clips and getting my hands on it!!!

Thanks guys!!

Any of you guys that felt the need to buy a Timeline because your weren't 100% satisfied with the Axe-FX II delays will be very happy when Cliff releases the new true tape delay emulation he's been working on...

Love it :)

Really looking forward to the tape delay! :)

What would be really nice would be to have some specific preset blocks made..basically similar to what you can get from the Strymon Timeline, El Capistan, Blue Sky, Eventide Space..ext so we are able to just "drop" them into a preset or use as effects with a real amp.

With the effects foot controller coming out, it would be a massive selling point to have great presets like that already made as well as the ability to create your own.

It just seems that one of the big (if not main) selling point of units like the Stymon, Eventide, ext, is the fact that people can just plug in and play phenomenal quality presets. The majority of demo's and always the ones that get the best feedback are basically slightly tweaked factory presets, and then people make their own music with them.

Back
Top Bottom