Stymon Timeline

Want to touch the Strymon!

Cliff could always add another TigerSHARC ;)

I watched Tiger (Woods - play) and Shark (a.k.a. Greg Norman - coach) The President's Cup Golf Tournament last weekend on T.V. live from Australia...but I digress - LOL!

...But seriously, yeah I watched/listened to a Strymon demo on YouTube several months back, and I was very impressed! Anything close to those delay-tones would be a sweet Axe-FX II programming accomplishment (IMO.) This might be a job for Fractal Forum veteran and Axe-FX Programming guru - "smilefan!" He can give us an entertaining and extremely informative historical perspective about all things delays, and then maybe nail a "Strymon-Timeline/El Capistan" clone in his Axe-FX II shared-patches thread! (Perhaps I should go over there and check!)

Bill

This might be a job for Fractal Forum veteran and Axe-FX Programming guru

Honestly, from usable preset building likes these, i have not seen anyone come close to Don..not by a long shot

That is no reflection on anyone else, Raca, Smilefan, Scott, and many others have done great work in the area's they concentrate on..but for great delay, reverb presets, Don is outstanding.

I'm getting extremely similar results with the following:

1. Multidelay Block
2. Plex Delay Setting
3. Diffusion at 100%.
4. Short Delay Times (<100ms) for Time 1-3. These 3 tap times blend in and with diffusion at 100% basically sound reverby. For time 4 choose 1/4 note tempo. This is the main repeat that you hear as a "tap".
5. Long Decay Time (> 10s)
6. Drop high cut to 8kHz or lower
7. A little bit of modulation

Last edited:
I'm getting extremely similar results with the following:

1. Multidelay Block
2. Plex Delay Setting
3. Diffusion at 100%.
4. Short Delay Times (<100ms) for Time 1-3. These 3 tap times blend in and with diffusion at 100% basically sound reverby. For time 4 choose 1/4 note tempo. This is the main repeat that you hear as a "tap".
5. Long Decay Time (> 10s)
6. Drop high cut to 8kHz or lower
7. A little bit of modulation

What about posting a patch? :)

That's gorgeous!

From their website. . .

"Utilizing a ridiculously powerful SHARC DSP, every drop of processing power is harnessed. Each algorithm is so detailed it requires the entire processor."

I don't imagine it's realistic for the AxeFX II to reach quite the same level of stereo delay sound.

Terry.

Keep in mind we're talking Cliff algorithm's vs. the competition. I'm sure great time and detail was spent crafting this timeline, which is why it does indeed sound awesome!!!

However, Cliff's genius and efficient programming may lead us to creating the same patch with less horsepower... who knows... time to get working. :)

Here's a first attempt:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38946/Multidelay Fun.wav

It's not the same as the Stymon but it's getting into the same ballpark. Hopefully, it gets you guys going in the right direction and I'm sure somebody else will spend more time on it and clone it better than I did :).

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38946/Multidelay Fun.syx

I can't seems to get this in a syx format, i save it as "save linked file to downloads" and get the .txt extension that i can't remove or rename..any ideas?

Thanks! :)

i hope someone can mirror those sounds, or i might have to by one of those things !

I am just going to buy one anyway, for the one off payment of what it costs i think it will be worth it, the reviews are great, every user review said the same thing..it is "by far the best delay pedal they have ever heard and used" from analog to eventide guys all had the same opinion..

Hey, just some props to Adam Cook--Your settings really do get the AxeII into the ballpark...thanks for posting them..I'll be getting a lot of use out of that setting!

Blast you Pete for making everything you touch sound so bloody incredible! :eek:

Watching that vid fueled my GAS more than a couple tins of baked beans!

GAS allright

Sure enough I feel GAS building up :)

but I am receiving my AXE II later this year. I am sure that it can come close to what I hear.

Maybe someone have made a patch for it by that time....

Good to know that other people than FAS is making gear of high quality

Kind regards

Aaen

Last edited:
I admit it is a great sounding pedal (and the Pete Thorn demo is awesome) but I'm really not hearing anything that can't be done with an Axe-FX II.

The fact that you guys are GAS'ing for it despite having an Axe-FX II makes me feel like we at Fractal need to do a better job teaching our users what the Axe-FX II is really capable of. I gotta get to work on more tutorial videos I guess...

Back
Top Bottom