Stuttering (JVM OD1 Orange)

Interesting read - I chose this model because I really like the smooth sound / feel at high gain (except for the dropouts). I've never owned a Marshall tube amp so all my experiece with them is thru Fractal. Anyeay, I settled on the OD2 which is less problematc but, as suggested, I will have to revisit other options (ie Friedman models).

I love that the Fractal's modelling has become so accurate now that the real world sonic anomilies of an amp show up when various settings line up to reveal them.

+1 for having the Revv modelled - purple channel would be awesome. I think Line6 has modelled it but I'm not sure how well. I was about to buy the Revv purple channel pedal to have that sound flavour but now my gear funds have been transfered to the covid contingency account (sigh)

+1 on the Revv
my buddy has the Helix and surprisingly they have modelled that amp quite well IMO albeit i think they had input from Revv guys too

I had a JVM210C but used my Vox Tonelab SE (cab off of course) into the return. Pretty awesome like that.

I own a JVM410HJS. I haven't powered it up since I got the A3. One of the first things I did after getting the A3 was an A/B comparison. Yup, the Axe sounds nearly identical - actually better in ways because there's so much more sculpting control

The best part of the HJS now is how it looks on stage.

Back
Top Bottom