Stuttering (JVM OD1 Orange)

sprint

Axe-Master
Can someone confirm that the attached patch (scene1) stutters when picking hard with bend around b-string-15th fret with a humbucker guitar (sg). The sound seems to cut out on hard higher register single note plucks with a bend. I can't figure out what's causing it though lowering gain seems to eliminate it (scene 2). I've tried changing guitar/cable, shutting off AxeEdit, shutting off cab block, checking for block/output clipping, and going direct in with headphones all with same result. I thought maybe its an amp side cpu issue since while exploring this my front panel started to get random blue lines (scene line highlighting) across the very bottom - restarting resolved the blue lines but not the stuttering. I'm on 12.08. The issue does not seem to occur with JVM OD2 Orange (scene3). Is like there some extreme gating/compression happening at certain frequencies but I have not gates / compressors on (the attached patch only had input/amp-cab/output and amp compressor on the dynamics page is off.

Attachments

• AMP OUT COMPRESSON STUTTER.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I wander if changing the tubes would make a difference because I believe there are 2 different jvm 410 amps. there is the regular jvm 410 and there is the joe satriani jvm 410 which I think are different tubes .

cant the pre amp tubes be changed? I read about both jvm amps and I know there are differences between the 2

this is the Joe satriani model

Attachments

• 00v0v_bmYiJZBJlFp_600x450.jpg
    00v0v_bmYiJZBJlFp_600x450.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 00202_a2jCgrS2agE_600x450.jpg
    00202_a2jCgrS2agE_600x450.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 01313_iubetwofrnq_600x450.jpg
    01313_iubetwofrnq_600x450.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 15
And another thing...
ALL high-gain amps do this to some degree. It's always worse in the 12th-15th fret range on the upper strings. It has to do with the string harmonics drifting in and out of phase with the fundamental. As the mode of vibration changes from lateral to circular the harmonics change phase. This causes a form of intermodulation distortion.

No not looking for an argument but does the JS model have the same issue? if not maybe the difference between the to maybe the issue

Sounds like I stepped on some toes which was not my intent. Just trying to brain storm on a fix or some what fix is all.

If that's the case then why not replace the amp with a Revv Gen 120 or just something massive that people will freak out over than having a flawed amp in the axe fx.

Back
Top Bottom