Strymon Timeline Preset Clones? Patterned Trem?

I took the suggestions of those above and worked up a preset using the sequencer/volume block idea. There aren't enough steps in the Axe-Fx sequencer to replicate the exact pattern from the linked video, but you can program enough to get the idea. I set up a 3 beat pattern that can be played as a 3 over 4 in 4/4 if you want which adds some interest. The pattern start is tied to the envelope, so muting and playing anew will restart the pattern. The preset it up on AxeChange.

Axe-Change - Download Preset - Patterned Trem - by CodePoet

Last edited:
Cool. Sounds pretty close! That "fuzziness" is that the recording or the patch? I haven't downloaded it - since my Axe is at my practice spot, but just wondering if that was intentional.

BTW - for those still interested in the Timeline sounds I posted in the video in this thread . . . I still couldn't upload anything to Axechange. Talked to Matt from Fractal since they were having some issues. Will try again this weekend. I'll keep you guys posted.

The fuzziness was bitcrushing on the delay that I was playing with. I re-recorded the clip and put a clean one up there as a better demo of it. The bitcrush is on in the preset, but you can turn it off in the Delay block if you don't want it. Thanks for checking it out.

Hey guys - I still have been unable to upload anything to the AxeChange...but, I just recently posted another video of Timeline-esque sounds. This time I also went into the grid to show an example of how I get the "infinite" washy sound. Hope you enjoy.

have you tried attaching any patches into this thread? (go advanced)

just a little note about your patch....you're controlling the reverb time with an external, which is fine, but it means that when you play over the held delay, you're playing into a 20 second reverb. now that might be your intention, but if you wanted to hold that delay with the big reverb, but play over the top into a "normal" 3 or 4 second reverb (with a short delay too, if you wanted) then that would be possible with a slight redesign of your patch, where the delay and reverb are in a side chain. if you're interested, i can show you how that's done

Last edited:
@simeon - I have NOT tried to attach the patches to the thread, but that might be a possibility...

I actually intended the extra reverb to be there for my presets. I originally created those patches so that I could kick on washy/infinite delay. I usually use it as noise and to make it super spacey. But, I would love to know the other way too!

i had a fool around last night and it's not as easy as it might seem using the "delay hold" method, because the delay still passes audio through it and if you use the same external to kill the input to the delay as you do to engage hold, it can chop off the beginning of the held notes

i did do an infinite reverb patch that allowed you to play over the top into a separate delay, but it used a completely different method to capture and loop the audio. it's here if you'd like to have a fool around with it - http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-preset-exchange/61990-infinite-reverb-foot-controllable.html - i use external 1 attached to a cc pedal for this patch, but it would probably also work with a latching switch with a bit of damping, so you could reassign to external 3 if you wanted

Presets!

For anyone still interested in Stymon Timeline-esque sounds from my videos, I've attached some to this thread. I used FractalBot to upload the following preset, so I think they should be working now!

@simeon - just downloaded your infinite reverb preset, stoked to check it out! You seem to be a pretty good authority on ambient sounds hahaha - could you take a look at the Swell Delay I have here and let me know if I could make the volume swells better....? I made this (as well as another similar one with a pitch shifter) when I first got the Axe late last year, and I think the auto-Swell could be a LITTLE better....? It was (obviously) trial and error, and I like it, but I'm always trying to improve.

Attachments

• Swell.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 89
  • Hi-Ice.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 81
  • Bass Ice.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 66
had a look at the swell patch

i used ext 3 to increase the length of the reverb, as you have it set (much better sound when it's longer) then i turned up the input diffusion on the reverb to 100% and reduced the mod rate to about 1.5hz. this helped to smooth out the reverb which was a bit "lumpy"

you could try using the plex detune instead of the diffusor if you'd like a much richer sound, but i wouldn't change anything else, except maybe change the delay to stereo and turn the ratio to about 75%, because it give a little more movement in the stereo field. adding some mod to that delay helps too.

damn those patches are sweet, the Hi-ice one can get pretty sitarish with the 2nd drive on.
I wish I had 1/10 of the skills when it comes to the ambient stuff you guys deliver

@animal - Hey thanks! Actually, I only recently put that Drive on that patch. It's just to use an expression pedal to add a bunch of gain and then immediatly switch to an ovedrive preset for a song my band has. Glad you like it, though!

Back
Top Bottom