Strymon Cloudburst

NeoSound

Fractal Fanatic
Interesting pedal... We can get close with FAS effects and just a little effort, which is even more amazing to me. We have most of the ingredients to copy and create new & old sounds. A few more of those ingredients and polyphony are probably my two biggest wishes for the Axe Fx, although I'm really happy with this amazing tool we have now.

Particularly in the new units with a dedicated chip, I'm pretty sure this is all achievable in the Fractal. Still love Strymon's products though. And of course, it sounds like another awesome pedal from them.

It definitely is a very cool sounding pedal. If you explore @Admin M@ 's factory presets, or @simeon 's presets, you'll find stuff in this area. But these possibilities with just 5 buttons, it's tempting. Expensive of course.

Last edited:
sounds like a plex verb to me with some pitch shifting. nice, but the axe can do it without breaking a sweat.
I think they are using a filter to soften the pitch/shimmer voices. Don't remember which one, but I think we already have a very similar type in the plex block.

That's a gorgeous sounding pedal with some super simple and well-thought through controls. It doesn't sound like anything we can't do already. As a starting point, try the Home World factory preset's Space Verb. It puts a bunch of ensemble-esque content into the signal. It's a heavy handed preset, and a little more low frequency-focused, but it's a good education.

Honesty, there's a dozen factory presets that do verb+sampled content that would be satisfactory for ensemble-like ambience.

But yea, great demo. That feedback in the intro playing...deliciious.

Last edited:
That's a gorgeous sounding pedal with some super simple and well-thought through controls. It doesn't sound like anything we can't do already. As a starting point, try the Space Verb 2 factory preset. It puts a bunch of ensemble-esque content into the signal. It's a heavy handed preset, and a little more low frequency-focused, but it's a good education.

Honesty, there's a dozen factory presets that do verb+sampled content that would be satisfactory for ensemble-like ambience.

There's no Space Verb factory preset anymore. It has morphed into a scene of the "Home World" preset.

Last edited:
So what, we have external pedals modelled after Fractal blocks now?
Does this mean the circle is complete?
there are a few companies who did that sort of thing way before anyone else. so far FAS hasn't really done any new groundbreaking effect algos. they made some of them maybe better than existing ones but nothing really unheard of or new per se. if anyone's to thank for opening the doors it would have be Eventide...

I think it’s pretty groundbreaking that the Axe Fx 3 has the architecture to replicate most of anything that’s on the market, old and new. Case in point with the Halo pedal. All that was needed was some shared info that Keeley was so nice to share. Once the info was there, in the matter of minutes we had a Halo pedal built in to our Axe. With a few exceptions such as polyphonic, it’s amazing what this box can replicate.

Just want to emphasize my interest in anyone emulating this effect in the Axe - particularly the character of what’s happening in the open of the Andertons video. ❤️

My deepest gratitude to all those who share their knowledge/expertise-when I heard the pedal demo(particularly the ensemble feature I was hoping that, a)folks would ascertain that this or close would be achieveable on the Fx, and, b)they would do exactly what they are doing on this thread and countless other threads-set about achieving the effect and sharing the results of that effort-Awesome community ...

i'll have a go tomorrow. it's very wide and there seems to be a lot of hard panning going on with the added voices
I bet our new Halo delay in the axe fx would take care of the panning and voices mixed with the right reverb to creat the ensemble effect.

That's a gorgeous sounding pedal with some super simple and well-thought through controls. It doesn't sound like anything we can't do already. As a starting point, try the Space Verb 2 factory preset. It puts a bunch of ensemble-esque content into the signal. It's a heavy handed preset, and a little more low frequency-focused, but it's a good education.

Any chance you could post that preset? I tried the space verb 2 scene in the home world preset and it sounds NOTHING like what you shared - which sounded absolutely fantastic btw!

Back
Top Bottom