Strat + Wrecker

Sounds more marshallish than wreckerish to me I'm really surprised.
It's of course one of those I try to emulate w/ my Ultra, and wrecker might be a big step.
(imho) you should try to enlarge the sound ... btw, brilliant Benji ! Thx.

Last edited:
Bolt: Patch attached. As you will see, nothing special, really.
Mojo: The Wrecker is the new Plexi, or so I'm hearing....;). How would you go about "enlarging" the sound? I always tend to think like a simple guitar/amp setup plus some spatial effects, seems like the most honest approach. Let me know, ok?

Thx all,

B.

Attachments

• Crunch(2).syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 64
sounds great!

How would you go about "enlarging" the sound?

sound is quite large here, leave it like that.

making something 'bigger' in guitarist terms almost always means 'add bass' or introducing some kind of phase cancellation (chorus, phaser or the infamous enhancer) which will make the signal more difficult to mix.
I like your eq, gain and wet/dry settings the way they are!

Mojo: The Wrecker is the new Plexi, or so I'm hearing....;). How would you go about "enlarging" the sound? I always tend to think like a simple guitar/amp setup plus some spatial effects, seems like the most honest approach. Let me know, ok?
I would have said spatialize instead of enlarge, after listenin' again, level is low on soundclound, and I confess (+1 for DonPetersen) sound is better pushing the vol. knob to 11 ;) Thanks for Wrecker infos I didn't know (noobie I'm !!)

Last edited:
That's great Benji. Very raw, I'd leave it as it is.
Saw you shredding away at Karel's but had no time to sit down alas. :)

wrecker is one killer amp ! i own my axe nearly a week and i have to push myself trying other clean/crunch amps out and not just pick the wrecker and go for it :D

Thx guys...
Yek, it was great meeting you, even though it was a non-Axe evening... And cool of you to even swing by and see the electric side of things at Karel's, even though we couldn't make iContact... busy playing...8)
Gin, I'm using all but 5 amps from this thing, the Friedmans, Wrecker and the Bassmans. Done.
Cheers,

B.

Try this with a strat...

Take the stock wrecker patch. Turn on the drive, go to cab and max room level... That's sonic nirvana my friends... Perfect woody tone.

You might wanna turn down the tone knob on the guitar slightly, if you have vintage output pickups.

Back
Top Bottom