Strat + Cornford + FET boost (Warning: Pop, NO METAL!!!)

andi-o

Inspired
Hi,

maybe it doesn't make much sense anymore to post cheesy takes when in the
same time you could listen to clips from guys like Dweezil Zappa... :roll:

Anyway, I had to try out the new Cornford Model ( & FET boost) with my Relic Strat
(including SC hum), the backing is by Mats Nermark (posted in the LPF Jam Zone).
Played around with the guitar volume knob a bit... I hope some of you like it.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7387229

Andi

andi-o said:
Hi,

Anyway, I had to try out the new Cornford Model ( & FET boost) with my Relic Strat
(including SC hum), the backing is by Mats Nermark (posted in the LPF Jam Zone).
Played around with the guitar volume knob a bit... I hope some of you like it.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7387229

Andi

Hi Andi,

You do me proud by playing like that over my backing.

Cheers,

Mats N

Sounds fantastic. Listening to all the strat clips on here makes me GAS for one, axe seems to sound so cool with one.

Beautiful playing.

No need to apologize for cheesey takes when you are that good. Actually that was some refreshing change from the usual metal riffage. And I love metal.

Rick

That's just tasty from top to bottom.

Really well done backing track - damn fine. The solo you put over it is spot on; the tone and use of phrasing is killer. That's a helluva good mix you did too.

Impressed.

I love the warning -- I wish the metal players would preface their's so well =P

Very tasty. Givin some street cred to us strat players =P

Really nice clip. Tasty licks, and very cool tone. I've been playing the Cornford sim with HBs, and wondering how it would sound with SC. You've answered my question - it sounds great!

Hi,

guys, thank you very much for all your kind words!

The Cornford Model was/is my "best amp for Strat lead ever", so I was really excited when
I read the release notes. Since I heard Richie Kotzen's "Live in Sao Paulo" for the first time I
was blown away by his tone - I think the Axe came close with the Plexi and some boost, but
the Cornford has this special voice, like a slight fuzz in the upper register, together with a
growling bass and jucy, howling mids which fits to a Strat perfectly - I tried the Cornford Sim
with my Les Paul and the PRS McCarty, too, but IMHO it sounds best with a single coil Strat!

quonsar said:
Cab model?

It's the 4x12 V30 in mono hires (I use this model on all my patches since it comes closest to my
old Marshall 4x12 which I use for gigs.)

Andreas

andi-o said:
the Cornford has this special voice, like a slight fuzz in the upper register, together with a growling bass and jucy, howling mids which fits to a Strat perfectly

Given your clip, as strat-man, I have to upgrade to v7.04 and give it a try! You rock! Don't forget to share the patch!!! :!:

Smilzo said:
Don't forget to share the patch!!! :!:

Hi Smilzo,

if you PM me your email adress I can send you the bank where the patch is in.
(Still the same story - I can't get the editor to work properly on my Vista notebook,
so I just do bank backups with Midi Ox...) I have the bank for Standard and Ultra.

Maybe you'll have to cut of the bass in the amp and drive sim, I discovered an output clip
while I was recording when I hit the bass notes hard, here's what I did to get rid of the clipping
output: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4606&p=45654#p45654

Andreas

Thanks for the backing track link Mats. I was hesitant to join the LP forum to get to the Jam Zone cuz'' I just sold my 77 LP to a friend for pocket change. Didn't want anyone to see a grown man cry...

thewizardguy said:
I love the warning -- I wish the metal players would preface their's so well =P

Very tasty. Givin some street cred to us strat players =P
Funny... I would have thought "Kick you in the gonads tone" would have been enough... :D

Great playing by the way!!! I have a Starcaster than I've been too lazy to take to get the strings setup but I've been itching to play a single coil guitar into my Axe!!!

Back
Top Bottom