Strange things happen with my Unit

GGoTr

Hi, I'am a bit frustrated at the moment.

Firmwareupdate to 6.0 was successfull. After that the new preset were sent to the unit. Everything ok.

But I recognized a few corrupt presets after some time. For example amp and cabinets were missing
after switching to a new preset via the jog wheel, or cryptic characters in the display. Same with
AXE-Edit an the refresh from hardware function.

Pictures:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17059748/Preset1.png
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17059748/Preset2.png

Sent the bank a few times to the unit, progress bar was running, nothing changed.

So I decided to repeat the whole Firmware update again today, worked fine.

But now it's even worse. Can't connect via AXE-Edit. It works from time to time but thats luck.

I thought it's AXE-Edit so I closed it, no usb-connection and edited a preset manually.
Choose Shunts, Amp and cab only. Sound is ok. But after saving the preset
an jumping to another preset and back the amp and cab is not saved.

The axe was out for 2 hours now. Just opened it, and all presets are empty.

Any Idea guys? Seems like the unit is not saving correctly?

Am I doing something wrong?

Hope you understand what I mean...

Had the same problem with a 4 weeks old AXE FX II. Replaced the battery yesterday. At the moment all is fine again.

Nope, battery replacement didn't work. It think it's something with the temperature
of the unit. The longer the unit runs, the more problems occur.

Now the unit is completely broken. Freezing at start with all LED's on and nothing
happens.

Unit is on the way to G66 for repair :-(

Hope they can fix it fast.

axe.jpg

same here

Mine is doing the same thing, new unit received last week APR. Hope it isn't a hardware issue - I'm floating a day west of HI heading towards Indonesia and won't be able to get unit serviced for 5-6 months. Bought specifically to be able to play while on this deployment. Worked fine for a few days, now output drops out and preset names become gibberish after trying to change presets via either the jog wheel or the preset advance buttons. Requires complete reload of FW6, cannot get back up just reloading banks. Hopefully this one can be sorted out and fixed soon.

Well I received a new axe today. Technician from g66 checked my unit and they
told me on the phone that they are going to send a new one.

Sorry for the guys with kinda same problems.

The last time I had strange things happening with my Unit was because I left the bar with a woman I should have just steered clear of. Ba-dum-pshhh.

I am having a similar issue. Only with shunts. I've had my unit for just under a month. It freezes up and losses communication also. I've contacted Support. I hope they can help.

I got rid of the scrambled characters powering up Axe while pressing recall button. Everything got scrambled when I was using axe-edit and changing preset from my MFC. First audio started to behave oddly and then axe froze up. When I restarted text was completely scrambled. Maybe this is a software problem.

I have similar problems with my unit that I've had only for a few days. All the preset names are corrupted and sometimes also totally empty. After browsing them for a while the unit hangs up completely. Also Axe Edit is unable to connect. Have tried reboots, system reset and firmware update and nothing seems to help.

Same problem along 50 days with three different units... The first unit used to show extrange characters... Second unit did not show any rare character but It lost presets randomly, and third unit the same as second... Lost presets and sometimes freezed screens and disproportional graphics on the screen.
Using Axe-FX II through USB ASIO settings Standard 512, working through Axe-Edit, and monitoring through two Mackie MR8 mkII XLR.
The USB Cable is gold plated at both ends. It have two ferromagnetic filters. And It has been tested in other devices working properly.
20120414_130308.jpg20120508_151904.jpg20120509_143259.jpg
Contact me if you want more technical information to solve the problem. It might be a software problem. I'm waiting for a replacement. I'm going to avoid using Axe-Edit and global blocks until the problem is solved.

wewanteditthisway@gmail.com

Forgive my English. Greetings!

Last edited:
Nope, battery replacement didn't work. It think it's something with the temperature
of the unit. The longer the unit runs, the more problems occur.

Now the unit is completely broken. Freezing at start with all LED's on and nothing
happens.

Unit is on the way to G66 for repair :-(

Hope they can fix it fast.

View attachment 11196

same happended to me yesterday!
threee days ago it worked perfectly, then yesterday i turned it on and the LED's all lit up and stayed like that.
the unit is completely frozen now :(

Had the frozen display problem after powering it on once, was cured by switching the unit off/on.
This happened when the unit was connected to the same wall outlet as two computers, two powered monitors and one computer display.

Back
Top Bottom