Strange harmonic at Double Verb amp

You are right, Sir!

This is what happens when lowering the B+ Time Constant at the Supremo Trem:

That's not a ghost note, it's an spooky eerie spirit! I don't know why, but It has unconsciously driven me to play the diminished scale after the major without thinking about it :eek:

And when increasing the B+ Time Constant to 14 ms:

Thank you for the guidance! :)

BTW: as expected, the frequency of the "ghost harmonizer" changes in a funny way when tweaking the AC Line Frequency.

Last edited:
to hear them clearly you can decrease the B+ Time to 0. i found out setting power from AC to DC beneath the B+ Time eleminates them complete for me, so maybe a power prob between US and Europe ?

You are right, Sir!

This is what happens when lowering the B+ Time Constant at the Supremo Trem:

That's not a ghost note, it's an spooky eerie spirit! I don't know why, but It has unconsciously driven me to play the diminished scale after the major without thinking about it :eek:

And when increasing the B+ Time Constant to 14 ms:

Thank you for the guidance! :)

BTW: as expected, the frequency of the "ghost harmonizer" changes in a funny way when tweaking the AC Line Frequency.

Yup, ghost notes. IME they are most noticeable on the G string between the 4th and 10th frets. The harmonics of those notes intermodulate with the supply ripple. If you want the "bounce" of a low time constant without the ghost notes you can set the supply type to DC but then you lose a little "mojo".

Yup, ghost notes. IME they are most noticeable on the G string between the 4th and 10th frets. The harmonics of those notes intermodulate with the supply ripple. If you want the "bounce" of a low time constant without the ghost notes you can set the supply type to DC but then you lose a little "mojo".

I have played with that DC parameter, what i most note is a slight bump in volume more than anything else.

Yes, some mojo is lost with DC, but using AC and playing with the B+ time constant and the Sag, there is a mojino sweet spot where the ghosts are still present but not annoying the mix.

We are so fortunate of not having to suffer the limitations of real amplifiers! :cool:
Gracias, maestro Cliff.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom