Strange behavior in 6.02 [FIXED in 6.03]

This may be of limited (or no) value, but I have the AxeFXII MarkI and I am not experiencing any lockups or hiccups with the production version of 6.02. This is with my MFC and Apple Macbook Pro both connected to the AxeFXII. Hopefully it is something simple that a rebuild of the delivery files might resolve the issues and get you guys back making music again. Happy holidays!

Cheers,

Lee

This may be of limited (or no) value, but I have the AxeFXII MarkI and I am not experiencing any lockups or hiccups with the production version of 6.02. This is with my MFC and Apple Macbook Pro both connected to the AxeFXII. Hopefully it is something simple that a rebuild of the delivery files might resolve the issues and get you guys back making music again. Happy holidays!

Cheers,

Lee
Thing is, with the AxeFX II XL+, the MFC III, and AE, prior to the "official" released version, everything worked fine and I've updated the box many times in the past with no issues. With 6.02, all these weird, time outs, blank screen, lock-up, messages of "timed out communication" errors, etc. started showing up. I've never experienced any of this in the past. I rolled back to 6.02b and life is good again.

Merry Christmas to you sir!

Thing is, with the AxeFX II XL+, the MFC III, and AE, prior to the "official" released version, everything worked fine and I've updated the box many times in the past with no issues. With 6.02, all these weird, time outs, blank screen, lock-up, messages of "timed out communication" errors, etc. started showing up. I've never experienced any of this in the past. I rolled back to 6.02b and life is good again.

Merry Christmas to you sir!
@stink , I've got a brand new XL+ and am having the exact same issues as you, and like you, I've been updating flawlessly on five different FAS units, and this is the most frustrating. think I might roll back to 602b as well, 'cept I already
Love Timmy.....
Think it may be support ticket time, as I've tried all the usual fixe, but maybe I should give the rollback a try, might be helpful for The support folks.
Happy holidays to you as well!

After re-reading my post, let me adjust it slightly. I was trying to say that Fractal might resolve the issues by re-building the files, as there can at times have a hiccup during the build that can cause issues. Since the beta was up for a bit, I'm guessing Fractal found a thing or two to massage or fix, which would lead to different data going into the final 6.02 firmware. This likely could account for why the beta worked fine for you (and the others with this issue) and the final version had the discussed issues. With the volume of code in large projects, it can be a bear just keeping up with what you've done and have all of the pieces work together when compiled.

Best of luck and hope the update is rapid.

Lee

@stink , I've got a brand new XL+ and am having the exact same issues as you, and like you, I've been updating flawlessly on five different FAS units, and this is the most frustrating. think I might roll back to 602b as well, 'cept I already
Love Timmy.....
Think it may be support ticket time, as I've tried all the usual fixe, but maybe I should give the rollback a try, might be helpful for The support folks.
Happy holidays to you as well!
@bradlake, I opened a ticket yesterday so as soon as I hear something back, I'll update the post. I suspect there will simply be a new file, 6.03, correcting the problem.

@stink, Thanks for that tip, so far, at least, there are zero incidents with 6.02 beta, which leads me to believe
That it is a firmware glitch. We shall see.

so far, no more incidents in 12 continuous hours of operation with 6.02 beta rollback...I am convinced now that this is a firmware glitch of the XL+ 6.02 final. anyone else experience this,besides the folk on this thread?

Hey bradlake and stink... can you guys also confirm the freezing happens while scrolling through factory presets, just so we can all rule out custom patches that may use a problematic cab or CPU usage. I've already done this. Just want to make sure we are all having the same issue. BTW, I did update all of the factory banks with the latest versions from FAS site a few weeks ago before 6.02 even came out.

SO ..Now I'm going to redownload 6.02 final and install it again, and I will report how long it takes for the abborrent
Behavior to return, currently been running beta 6.02 for 20 hours straight flawlessly.....

SO ..Now I'm going to redownload 6.02 final and install it again, and I will report how long it takes for the abborrent
Behavior to return, currently been running beta 6.02 for 20 hours straight flawlessly.....
Screen Shot 2016-12-24 at 7.45.49 AM (2).jpg

19 minutes....using a freshly downloaded 6.02 file.. going back to beta til this gets sorted out, and will report this to support.

View attachment 36860

19 minutes....using a freshly downloaded 6.02 file.. going back to beta til this gets sorted out, and will report this to support.
Yes, factory presets too (latest ones).

@bradlake exactly the same error messages I get as well. Rolled back to the beta version and problem disappears. Having issues with firmware is a first for me and I've been using this magic box since 2009 (Ultra, AxeFX II, AxeFX II XL+).

Yes, factory presets too (latest ones).

@bradlake exactly the same error messages I get as well. Rolled back to the beta version and problem disappears. Having issues with firmware is a first for me and I've been using this magic box since 2009 (Ultra, AxeFX II, AxeFX II XL+).
Out o curiosity , what make and model of computer are you running ? my rig is on 2013 Mac Pro (black cylinder) Sierra 10.12.2 24gig RAM

XL+ owner here. I went from 6.02 beta to 6.02 release. FWIW I've had no issues. That's with USB connected and a Rocktron MIDI Raider connected.

Back
Top Bottom