Strange behavior in 6.02 [FIXED in 6.03]

I have an AxeFXII XL+. I installed 6.02 and played with it for a few hours last night without any problems.
I however had never installed the beta version. Also I have all the factory presets in the last 3 banks.
Last night I was going through the factory presets using Axe Edit and saved some of them in edited form to bank B. I doubt this is any real help to the guys having troubles but I just thought I'd add the data since I'm on the XL+ too.

@bondsong, are you plugged into an MFC III and using AE? Because I didn't notice an issue when JUST using the XL+, it was only when using the MFC and AE.

XL+ with MFC III... I went from Beta to 6.02 and loaded the LM presets but not the new Factory Presets... No issues to report after 3 hour jam.

@bondsong, are you plugged into an MFC III and using AE? Because I didn't notice an issue when JUST using the XL+, it was only when using the MFC and AE.
Yes I'm using the MFC III with AE. I spent some more time today, maybe an hour playing with presets and editing. No problems yet. I'm on a 2015 MBP with Yosemite.

XL+ And MFC 3.08 on Win10; no beta just 6.01p to 6.02 with trouble/fail on install ... retried install, works fine no issues.

View attachment 36860

19 minutes....using a freshly downloaded 6.02 file.. going back to beta til this gets sorted out, and will report this to support.
Yes, factory presets too (latest ones).

@bradlake exactly the same error messages I get as well. Rolled back to the beta version and problem disappears. Having issues with firmware is a first for me and I've been using this magic box since 2009 (Ultra, AxeFX II, AxeFX II XL+).

Good morning (or whatever ), I spent a fair amount of time this holiday testing this problem that is 100% reproducible on my (brand new) XL +. I went back and forth between the beta and final versions and without fail, the beta worked perfectly for extended use and the final would freeze within 30 min . even went so far as to separate the Axfx completely from the studio setup, hook it to a different computer (another Mac) and reinstall fresh versions of everything , with the same outcomes. and it appears that this is not platform-specific, as @stink reports the behavior with a windows PC. VEry vexing, as this ,at least to this point, doesn't appear to be widespread. please let us know here if you have experienced this, as I am sharing this thread with Support

Last edited:
Windows 10 Pro, XL+ (no MFC) here and I've only had one issue so far with medium to light use.

Last night I had one complete audio drop out for about 5 secs. The preset is using 54% CPU so not on the edge there.

Caveat I am running the Fractal into my UAD Apollo interface. I was not using a DAW; just monitoring from the UAD inputs. I've not had a single problem with the UAD with fairly heavy use but it is in the signal chain.

Windows 10 Pro, XL+ (no MFC) here and I've only had one issue so far with medium to light use.

Last night I had one complete audio drop out for about 5 secs. The preset is using 54% CPU so not on the edge there.

Caveat I am running the Fractal into my UAD Apollo interface. I was not using a DAW; just monitoring from the UAD inputs. I've not had a single problem with the UAD with fairly heavy use but it is in the signal chain.
I'm an apollo user too, but as I mentioned I was able to reproduce the problem separated from all external gear.
ANd from what I have witnessed, this is not CPU nor MFC related.

Welcome to the club. If the behavior persists, as it has with me and others,roll back to the 6.02 beta, and you should be ok, but say goodbye to Timothy ....
I now have had my first Time Out with a Freeze on the Axe FX XL+ !

I experienced 5-6 freezes where my XL+ would become unresponsive, displays "QUANTUM" screen with one or two LEDs on. One time the screen on the XL+ was blank. On 3 of these occasions, I was trying to import IRs. When trying to audition new IRs, switching back and forth between the new imported IR and a factory one, all of a sudden the XL+ would become silent, then I notice that the unit is frozen with the "QUANTUM" logo or blank.

The other times the unit froze when I launched fracbot.

But, since then, I haven't been able to reproduce the freezes.

I'm not really qualified to figure this one out. But....I've been trying to repro this for two days now. So far, not even the slightest freeze or glitch of any kind. The only thing I'm not doing that you guys appear to be doing is using any special presets. I'm using my own personal presets that span from FW 13.7 to present. I would think I would get some sort of issue going back that far. LOL!

Just curious about a few things, if you guys don't mind?

1. Has support gotten back to you on this since the last post?

2. Do you think it may have something to do with the presets you are using and where they may be, as far as preset placement? I don't have anything after 408 on mine. Do you think that could have anything to do with it, or does it happen anywhere in your preset bank placement?

3. Have you done a "reset settings" since you installed this FW? I know it's highly unlikely it could make a difference, but a few have mentioned it helped them. I had one bad issue with an old FW (I think it was 17 or 18) where the reset settings thing helped me.

I've really been beating on my XL+ since I put the new FW on and haven't seen a single issue. It runs all day into the morning getting constant use for both guitar and bass in my studio.

What happens if you totally unload the presets and restore the unit to factory? Have you tried that yet? Just curious if it makes a difference at all. I don't get why it's not happening for me. If stuff from FW 13.7 doesn't make it happen, I don't know what will. LOL! At any rate, I hope you guys can find out what this is. I'm clueless on this end. :(

Back
Top Bottom