Still Got No Blues

Anand Mahangoe

Power User
Hey guys,
Today a student of mine came with a backing track of this song , which I learnt a looooong time ago :)
I am not into copying someone`s sound & playing....usually play my own versions but this solo is just sooooo well played by Mr Gary Moore that i had to play it the best I could...so here it goes....Oh , I know it has been done million times but it was great fun recording it !

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... dID=796465

Anand

P.S : the other song `sarzameen` is a song I have recorded the guitars for a band from Pakistan..... :mrgreen:

Very nice!! I'm usually not a fan of huge verb on guits, but I woulda put a tiny bit more verb on it for that tune. Great playing and Cliff was right...you DID nail the tone. That'd be a nice preset to have if you wouldn't mind posting it.

tks for sharing.

Now that was one enjoyable experience!!!!! AAAAAAA+++++++
Thanks for the passionately played tunes Anand Mahangoe. :mrgreen:
It's like 'Sonic Transportation'. Rock on.....

edhead said:
post that preset in the exchange!

Hey man, It will be faster if i just write it down..I haven`t uploaded patches yet so have to figure it out first..

Anyhow I use:
- Tubescreamer mod : drive on 3.50 , rest is standard
- Plexi 1 : Drive on 6.50 , Bass on 3.50 , master is 10, lowcut on 502hz , highcut 20.000hz , rest is standard
- Marshall 1960 cab (59.0.12 or something like that...can check it out later...) it is between those cabs offered by FAS
- Long Room verb , parallel, size: 30 , rest is standard

Actually I did the same track also with the Mark II, Brown , Peavey , USA Lead 1...all of them standard with the Bass and Lowcut / highcut changed as mentioned above.....

If you would hear the sound all alone , it would be far from Gary Moore....I think it is more the playing what matters together with a basic amp + verb...

Good luck,
A+

very well done!
funny though using a tubescreamer and a plexi
gary moore very much put soldano on the map with this song
even though knopfler and clapton were using soldano as well in that period

Back
Top Bottom