Sticking with the FM3? Upgrading to FM9? Why?

As much as the FM9 had me feeling dejected for the weekend so much so I couldn’t even watch Leon’s initial video. I finally watched and beside all the extra goodies the maxed reverbs were very impressive. Even so, for my needs the FM3 suits me fine. Not to mention I had to scrape all my pennies together to afford my FM3 and EV-1 three months ago. I got an extra foot switch. Still haven’t decided the best use for it. I also have the Eventide H9 in the loop. I’m getting to be an old fart and haven‘t been playing out much lately. Perhaps I will think about the FM9 down the road. Right now I’m very happy with the FM3.👍😀

At best I think the term used could be “Prices will be reasonable” since the trending prices have been nothing short of scalping.
I think the brand new price from Fractal is more than reasonable for what you get. It's an awesome piece of gear which remains competitively priced. The only thing that will cause a significant drop on the used market is if Fractal substantially drops the new price, which I doubt.

I think you'd see people hold on to them for a backup rig before selling too low.

I think the brand new price from Fractal is more than reasonable for what you get. It's an awesome piece of gear which remains competitively priced. The only thing that will cause a significant drop on the used market is if Fractal substantially drops the new price, which I doubt.

I think you'd see people hold on to them for a backup rig before selling too low.
But I’m talking used price reasonable, the fact that people are selling them used, for as much if not MORE than they can be bought brand new just boggles my mind.

But I’m talking used price reasonable, the fact that people are selling them used, for as much if not MORE than they can be bought brand new just boggles my mind.
Are you talking about prices on Reverb? If so, that's been discussed before. I think it was brought up that some of those prices are targeted towards people in other geographical regions. Also, many of them are open to negotiation; just because a certain amount is asked doesn't mean it sells for that.

Was considering an FC6 to replace my DMC3-XL MIDI switcher. Put myself on the wait list and will probably sell the FM3 when the FM9 arrives. Don't want the same mistake I made selling my AX8 way too soon and the FM3 encountered a lot of delays. With the worldwide chip shortage, I can just imagine the FM9 will trickle in with huge delays between shipments.

What sold me was more than the extra switches but the extra IO compared to the FM3.

No gigs for now. I can wait.

Are you talking about prices on Reverb? If so, that's been discussed before. I think it was brought up that some of those prices are targeted towards people in other geographical regions. Also, many of them are open to negotiation; just because a certain amount is asked doesn't mean it sells for that.

Yeah I was a party to that thread too and I was going to end my previous post saying that its been trawled over ad nauseam. But just look through the transaction history, some of the selling prices are eye watering.

But aside from all that, I dont think you're seeing what I was saying. My quoting your eye roll post was in agreement that the value of FM3 is not going to drop and at worst what might happen is that the used market prices will come to what we would generally consider to be reasonable.

As much as the FM9 had me feeling dejected for the weekend so much so I couldn’t even watch Leon’s initial video. I finally watched and beside all the extra goodies the maxed reverbs were very impressive. Even so, for my needs the FM3 suits me fine. Not to mention I had to scrape all my pennies together to afford my FM3 and EV-1 three months ago. I got an extra foot switch. Still haven’t decided the best use for it. I also have the Eventide H9 in the loop. I’m getting to be an old fart and haven‘t been playing out much lately. Perhaps I will think about the FM9 down the road. Right now I’m very happy with the FM3.👍😀

This is totally where I am at. I can be excited about the FM9, stoked for Fractal and those who have
it now, and still know that I am lacking for nothing with the FM3 and my setup right now. :)

Back
Top Bottom