Steve VAi yells at his fractal last night, Son Came up on stage!

symphx

Fractal Fanatic
Saw Stevie in Napa last night, pretty frickin awesome, funny etc. He and his guitarist Dave W. sportin the axe 2 and otherwise empty racks! Funny at one point yells at tech, "its the Fractal is on the fritz again, reboot it" luckily took 2 seconds.

Also his son "Fire" got up on stage in a goofie make a new song moment, at first Steve pretended not to know him, and was like "what the hell is your name" (I was wondering why they were nearly identical"!

That has to be one of the more cooler names you can name a kid. They'll bully the kids named Todd, tucker, and dillon. Nobody messes with a guy named fire. I wouldn't.

Funny, at the AxeFest, Dweezil and Matt were showing how they tweak a preset. There were times when it's CPU overload!! LOL.

I wonder what's going on in Steve's patches.

Saw Stevie in Napa last night, pretty frickin awesome, funny etc. He and his guitarist Dave W. sportin the axe 2 and otherwise empty racks! Funny at one point yells at tech, "its the Fractal is on the fritz again, reboot it" luckily took 2 seconds.

Also his son "Fire" got up on stage in a goofie make a new song moment, at first Steve pretended not to know him, and was like "what the hell is your name" (I was wondering why they were nearly identical"!

I sure hope that wasn't my fault :)

I let Thomas Nordegg use my laptop to update Steve's AxeFXII to v8 in Seattle, we did Dave's also but had to revert his to v7 because he was having a weird clicking noise when he used his expression pedal...

axeupdate.jpg

Last edited:
That has to be one of the more cooler names you can name a kid. They'll bully the kids named Todd, tucker, and dillon. Nobody messes with a guy named fire. I wouldn't.

Fire??????really????can't get more pretentious than that......."Really?"

any name can be made fun of in school.there is no lack of creativity among children in that category.
"Fire?haha.is that because your a fuckin flamer?"yikes,that poor child.

why not go all out and name the next one Lydian or dorian;)

Last edited:

If the kid is built like Steve I doubt anyone is scared of anything but his dad's lawyer.

I met him at the Cleveland show a couple weeks ago and he mentioned he had been struggling with his Axe II. He didn't want to explain any further when asked to...
I would like to know what he's doing with it. I've played over 100 shows with mine and it has never once had a hiccup and I use mine for everything, not just FX.

when Dweezil's patch "blew up" I thought, "hey it's Zappa, maybe it's supposed to sound like that" It was still cool

They were doing that on purpose. Matt knew exactly what would happen when he did that. Going off the hook extreme controlling motor drive and delay time can cause some lets say... interesting things to happen. R2D2 lives!

Funny, at the AxeFest, Dweezil and Matt were showing how they tweak a preset. There were times when it's CPU overload!! LOL.

Matt is working with him as we speak.

It wasn't cpu overload with dweezil. It was going completely insane with the delay block modifiers.

Matt told me at Axefest that he was actually going to work with Steve soon after the event so hope he cure what ails Vai's rig.

I could see this scenario being use like a political campaign "Do You Want Your CHILDREN to have to deal with your FRACTAL FRITZING?" Bleh, it happens to everyone. I've yet to see him live. Last time I saw him was on the RIRR CD and it was so loud.

Time for Axe III with (......wait for it.......) THREE Tiger SHARC processors? Make it so, so I could upgrade from my Standard. :)

Back
Top Bottom