Steve Reich Patch

simeon

Axe-Master
External 1 (pedal) controls the guitar volume

External 2 (pedal) controls the synth volume

External 3 (switch) turns all the synth stuff on and off and ensures everything is in sync. it also turns the feedback of the looper to zero when it's off

i think the guitar could be louder. turn up the mixer level if you agree and turn down the patch volume, or just turn down the synth stuff a bit in the appropriate volume block

cheers!

sim

Attachments

• Reich.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 231
That was awesome Simeon. You really have some programming chops - I love what you're doing.

I've been playing with your "Pitch Looper", thinking that I'd like some sample and hold, or some sort of tempo-based regeneration during the drone. I have a feeling that this patch will reveal some ideas.

thanks guys

todd - sample and hold is simply a random lfo tied to a filter. not sure what you mean by "tempo-based regeneration"...?

i think i can make this patch better. the guitar loops are too quiet and a bit wishy-washy, but cpu is maxed out, so i'll have to come up with some creative solutions...

sim

i think the patch is corrupted. just tried to reload and everything is on zero. i will upload again when i've got it sorted

can someone download the patch and test it for me? it might be a problem with my axe edit. the patch is fine on my unit.... just have a look at the amp...it should be the usa clean

ta

sim

Didn't listen but opened from Axe Manager and it's a 59 Bassguy here.

thank for checking guys. i've sent the patch to support to see if they can do anything about it. it's possible the patch was corrupted inside the axe fx, as i had a couple of crashes while making it. more news as it comes in...

I downloaded it after you submitted it, and couldn't get output from it (had all controllers setup correctly, etc.). E.G. the mixer and patch output levels were all minimized. I only had about 10 minutes to spend on it, and wasn't successful. I had planned on getting back to it in the next day to see if I could figure it out on my end and give you more feedback on it.

I'm running v307 of Axe-Edit. This has been a bad rev for me - hangs and bad initializers.

can someone download the patch and test it for me? it might be a problem with my axe edit. the patch is fine on my unit.... just have a look at the amp...it should be the usa clean

ta

sim

not yet todd. i sent it to support who said they's have a look at it and send it back if they can unf*ck it, but i haven't heard anything yet. i will upload again, even if i have to rewrite the patch.

Reactions: yek
ok fixed it!!

when i double-clicked on any parameter, it seemed to poll the axe fx and recall all the correct settings, so here it is....slightly improved!

edit: i removed the mixer and a volume block which was creating a tremolo effect on the loop, as i wasn't too keen on it. i put a chorus in instead

Last edited:
just noticed it's clicking a little bit - excess cpu usage - either unplug the usb if you can, or just shunt the chorus block in the guitar chain

sim

ok fixed it!!

I've loaded it up and am playing with it - brilliant! You've got some very creative skills there, sir.

I am getting artifacts from CPU saturation as you mentioned in a later post. I've got to sort through the IO settings, as I'm getting my output from SPDIF and unplugging the USB to cut back on CPU doesn't seem to do the trick - just cuts all output. Bypassing some blocks doesn't seem to have effect. I'll dig in.

But there's a lot of tricks to dissect there - it's a mini-course on FXII programming. I like the slow LFOs on the filters, and the master Extern 3 on everything. Awesome stuff - thanks for making this available!

Back
Top Bottom