Implemented step Sequencer or "resume" option in Sequencer

Status
Not open for further replies.

unix-guy

Master of RTFM
Trying to come up with a solution to this post:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/ideas-for-auto-pan.157190/

It could be solved with the Sequencer Controller IF there was the option to "step" the thru the sequence based on being triggered by the Envelope or ADSR.

Alternately, having an option to "resume" the sequence (as opposed to starting over) when Run is engaged would also probably work. Then the Envelope or ADSR could be assigned to Run.

Having an option to step whenever the assigned controller value crosses > 50% could be used in a lot of interesting ways. For example assigning a momentary footswitch to step the sequencer. Then you could sequence say delay times or panning or tremolo in some interesting pattern and manually advance through.

If you just relied on run not resetting I'm not sure it would be as easy because you'd still be relying on the sequencer rate to step through..

Having an option to step whenever the assigned controller value crosses > 50% could be used in a lot of interesting ways. For example assigning a momentary footswitch to step the sequencer. Then you could sequence say delay times or panning or tremolo in some interesting pattern and manually advance through.

If you just relied on run not resetting I'm not sure it would be as easy because you'd still be relying on the sequencer rate to step through..
Hmmm... I was thinking very short ADSR, but you have a point.

Two options that would multiply the power of the sequencer fantastically would be a Run Mode (Loop, Once, Single Step) and Next/Previous Step buttons for Single Step mode.

Your Auto-Pan idea is just one of the many cool things that could be done with this. A triggered Step-Filters is really cool too.

A literal dream of mine is to have two sequencers.

Last edited:
Two options that would multiply the power of the sequencer dramatically would be a Run Mode (Loop, Once, Single Step) and Next/Previous Step buttons for Single Step mode.

Your Auto-Pan idea is just one of the many cool things that could be done with this. A triggered Step-Filters is really cool too.
Another would be direction, especially if it could have a controller attached.

Two options that would multiply the power of the sequencer fantastically would be a Run Mode (Loop, Once, Single Step) and Next/Previous Step buttons for Single Step mode.

Yeah, I thought about the step Filter, too.

You're the closest guy to Cliff's ear, I suppose - suggest away :D

+1 for the ability to have an an input or modifier step the sequencer.

In addition to the examples mentioned above, it could be used with the quad shift/quad harmony to cycle through multi voiced chords based on individual note input.

Triggering via crossing some threshold from envelope, pitch, etc. would be cool. Combine that with dual sources and you've got some serious fun.

Another controller that would be nice would be like the Boss Internal/virtual expression pedal. You could do something similar if you could trigger the ADSR in other ways.

Another controller that would be nice would be like the Boss Internal/virtual expression pedal. You could do something similar if you could trigger the ADSR in other ways.

The ADSR is normally triggered by an input level. Here's my idea.

1. To the existing INPUT SOURCE parameter, add an option of "MANUAL"
2. Add a MANUAL TRIGGER parameter ("ON, OFF"). The essential thing is that this has modifier option.

2. Add a MANUAL TRIGGER parameter ("ON, OFF"). The essential thing is that this has modifier option.
Nice!

Or maybe take it one step further: make ADSR Threshold modifiable. Now you can adjust trigger sensitivity on the fly, while you play.

And have an Attack Level parameter that can be a value above or below Sustain level. And...okay, I’m done. :)

Another thing I've wanted was to have an ADSR start with a delay for an all wet path.

Another thing I've wanted was to have an ADSR start with a delay for an all wet path.

We're mixing requests into one thread, but the idea I had that would allow this and other options is to allow the envelope and ADSR to monitor signal at OUTPUT blocks as well as INPUT blocks. Two of our prominent endorsers asked me about this recently. The idea is to use envelope effects after other effects. You could use the un-used OUT 2 block as a "Detector Block".

@Admin M@ your ears must be burning - I just lost an hour or so setting up the onset detector and step sequencer in my Poly Digit to trigger an external controller connected to the pitch block in the Axe-Fx to do this;

In this setup out 2 is going to the Poly to trigger it's onset detector, which in turn steps the sequencer, which in turn sends a midi message to an external controller in the Axe. Your suggestions of using out 2 as a detector block would replace all that which would be awesome.

A "detector block" reading the amp or cab output and set to modify a PEQ would be a great way to create a dynamic EQ too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom