Star Trek: Picard

“Star Trek: Picard" will premiere on CBS All Access in the US and Canada on January 23, 2020. On January 24, the show will be available to stream on Amazon Prime in more than 200 countries and territories.”

A new trailer was just released;

Anyone watch the pilot?

I thought it was really good! I really like how it's shot (more like a movie) and the story line looks like it will be very interesting. They did a really good job of referencing the past to setup the story line. Season 2 was announced before the pilot even aired, so there will be at least 20 episode to watch.

Apparently Patrick Stewart originally turned down the offer to do the series. The producers left him with the script and asked him to read it and if he changed his mind, asked him to give them a call. Well, I guess he liked it and after watching the pilot, I can see why!

Anyone watch the pilot?

I thought it was really good! I really like how it's shot (more like a movie) and the story line looks like it will be very interesting. They did a really good job of referencing the past to setup the story line. Season 2 was announced before the pilot even aired, so there will be at least 20 episode to watch.

Apparently Patrick Stewart originally turned down the offer to do the series. The producers left him with the script and asked him to read it and if he changed his mind, asked him to give them a call. Well, I guess he liked it and after watching the pilot, I can see why!

I quite liked it. I was worried it could totally suck. Did a nice job balancing some nostalgic references but also keeping it fresh. Patrick Stewart could read a menu and make it sound eloquent, and his acting elevated everything. Can’t wait to see where it goes!

I really like the pilot episode. As soon as i heard that song blue skies...nice tie back to Data from when he sang it at Riker and Troi's wedding..and of course B4 was humming it without knowing why. Thank god Jeri Ryan making an apperance too. This looks like it will be a fun ride

I’m glad they affirmed that Data is dead and B4 won’t be a new Data. I love the character, but it’s a good way to show that they will be going in a different direction and not just trying to redo NG.

I cant imagine Brent Spiner being thrilled wearing those contacts again. I remember reading an interview years ago when he was filming the TNG series for that decade; really fooked up his eyes.

From the moment these guys like Alex Kurtzman and "BJ" Abrams took over Star Trek, this show become a generic low quality entertainment.
The writing on all these shows and movies they made are just horrible, like written by a 5y old. They ruined Star Trek as a brand as they did with every property these guys touched. Star Trek is at it's lowest ratings ever.
For me Star Trek ends with the last movie in Rick Berman era. The rest is just pure garbage...terrible entertainment.
Prove me wrong!!!

Last edited:
From the moment these guys like Alex Kurtzman and "BJ" Abrams took over Star Trek, this show become a generic low quality entertainment.
The writing on all these shows and movies they made are just horrible, like written by a 5y old. They ruined Star Trek as a brand as they did with every property these guys touched. Star Trek is at it's lowest ratings ever.
For me Star Trek ends with the last movie in Rick Berman era. The rest is just pure garbage...terrible entertainment.
Prove me wrong!!!
The above is @Grievous66’s 66th post. Coincidence? :)

lol...sorry..but "the dark side clouded my vision" and I went on a rant...every time I remember about Picard and STD (Star Trek Discovery) I loose my temper.
Same.

ST 2009 gets a bit of a pass from me, but that's entirely because of Karl Urban and Simon Pegg...they seemed to really understand those characters, and the movie was definitely not terrible. But, it's very much Bones and Scotty stuck in an alternate universe that's all-together less obviously horrible but just as bad as the mirror universe.

I'm also with you on the Kurtzman stuff, but as far as I'm concerned, Star Trek ended years before that on February 24th, 2004. The Enterprise episode "The Hatchery" was the first thing that completely abandoned everything that made Star Trek different from anything else. It was the end. Period. And the first thing that literally no one should ever watch.

Since then, it's just been varying levels of garbage, and none of it is star trek.

I slogged through the first season or so of discovery and the first season of Picard. Not again. At this point, I'm not sure even that firing Kurtzman would bring me back. I'm done.

Back
Top Bottom