Standard/Ultra firmware 11

tightening of the low end has made EQ after the cab useless.
since I'm always flirting with the max CPU that's very welcome!

big thank you cliff!!!!

WOW. Been playing with the Wrecker amp this morning and just.. WOW.

Thank you so much for your work Cliff! Now an amp I used to pass over might have just become my go to ;)

See... people were bitching but I did what I could. I didn't need to update the old products and most companies probably wouldn't have. I've been working 12 hours a days, seven days a week on the II but I spent a few days porting what I could of the G2 power amp modeling over to the Axe-Fx and Ultra as a gesture to the community.

I'm actually quite proud of the new power amp modeling and I'm glad to hear it's being well received.

Thanks Fractal, for the extra work on Ultra/V11 - most companies would deliberately not provide something like this in order to push customers over to the new product asap - I very much appreciate that you didn't go that route in order provide something to Ultra users who won't be able to go to the AxeII for a while yet. It's a rare quality of service these days.

WOW. Been playing with the Wrecker amp this morning and just.. WOW. )
Yea I just mention that on another thread ,Boost on ,gain about 2 oclock mids 4o'clock and treble ,master 7.09 and bright on I can get VH tone and cleans up nice with the volume.Using ownhammer v30. peq before amp to cut low if to bassy.this is monitor or head phone tone.

Sorry for questioning what's probably a simple thing but I'm new to the Axe Ultra.
Just installed v11 and I'm running through some of my presets and I puzzled. While checking out some of my presets I've noticed that the delay in some of the presets isn't working. When I pull open the drop down menu of the effects in Axe-Edit, it's showing 'Delay 1' grayed out. If I choose 'Delay 2' if fires right up but with all new default settings. I'd like to keep the delays intact they way I had them so I don't have to tweak them all.
What am I missing?
thx
BJD
View attachment 4946
moz-screenshot-3.png
moz-screenshot-4.png

I think that is a problem with AxeEdit. Had a similar problem with patches before 11 with any thing in the bottom lane. I could be wrong but when I stopped using the bottom lane in patches and Axe Edit I didn't have that problem.

I think I figured it out but would like some confirmation. When editing the 'Input Gain' for the delay in Axe-Edit, it appears it was set to 'External 2' which I assume was for controlling the delay input with an expression pedal?
I set it to 'None' and then began to hear delay and I tweaked to taste.
Maybe someone can point me to the wiki that explains that feature?
Thanks,
BJD

Sounds like you figured it out. Some of the factory presets contain blocks which are bypassed by default. If you'd assigned a midi expression pedal to the CC value of Extern 2 you could control the delay's input level, after engaging it with the correct CC or right click, untick bypass in Axe Edit.
There are 8 external controllers as well as a bypass control for every effect block. You assign these external controllers to various parameters of effect blocks within any given preset and program an external controller like a midi foot controller to send the appropriate CC and/or expression pedal values.

It's important to read the Axe FX manual properly and use the wiki for more in depth information, not to mention mining this great forum. Axe FX WIKI.

On your Axe you can program the CC number for the each of 8 external controllers and the bypass/engage for ALL the effect blocks. All the effect blocks and their assigned CC are listed in the Axe's I/O->CTRL page, where you can edit them if you like.
Cheers,
-- G.

See... people were bitching but I did what I could. I didn't need to update the old products and most companies probably wouldn't have. I've been working 12 hours a days, seven days a week on the II but I spent a few days porting what I could of the G2 power amp modeling over to the Axe-Fx and Ultra as a gesture to the community.

I'm actually quite proud of the new power amp modeling and I'm glad to hear it's being well received.

Well, I for one am greatly appreciative of your efforts porting some of the G2 functionality into V11, and you should be proud of the new power amp modelling big time...I just finished a gig and was beyond thrilled with the way the Ultra/V11 is both sounding and feeling.

There is a vibe in the new PA modelling that I'm really connecting with, and a musician/sound tech friend who hasn't heard my rig in a live situation was going on and on about my FOH tone tonight..."big, chunky, and sweet" is how he described it. My singer even said 'did you do something to your rig?? You're really sounding better than ever', and my drummer said "great guitar sound tonight" and he usually doesn't say much about stuff like that...so V11 definitely brings something tangible to the table that others are noticing....

Sweet highs, controlled, rich lows, great feel, I could go on, but again, I'm glad you took the time to rework the power amp modelling and stuff it into the Ultra, and a tip of the hat for continued efforts to get the Ultra/Standard as good as they can be. A very, very happy customer here...

I have to say WAU!
This update changed everything. Now it sounds outstanding. I’ll throw away all my old tubes now )

Respect to creators of my Ultra! Thank you guys. Now I believe in the USA again )

The improved power amp modelling is great!
It's hard to say "best update so far" because every update was an improvement. But since FW11 I can use almost every amp to play metal, not only 3-4 like two years ago. And IMO the Energyball is usable for the first time now.
Soundwise I have no urge to get an AxeII at the moment.

The improved power amp modelling is great!
It's hard to say "best update so far" because every update was an improvement. But since FW11 I can use almost every amp to play metal, not only 3-4 like two years ago. And IMO the Energyball is usable for the first time now.
Soundwise I have no urge to get an AxeII at the moment.
Gotta agree, wreaker sounds much better,was fluby with master up, fas modern I like now ,tight gain.Going thought all the amps like when I got it,oh that was only 2 months ago lol

I'm really diggin v11. Got into it last night for a few hours. i play the Fender territory. Until last night, I've not been able to play on my neck P/U due to the flubb at the low end. All of the amps I like to play have improved. Great update for me. I do believe the new modeling to be revolutionary...we wont see it all in the Ultra/standard, but really glad to be able to get this update.
Thanks Cliff.
Congrats on the new product release.

Last edited:
It's very noticeable to me (10.05 to 11.0) as I exclusively use it for direct recording. Much better feel and juicier all around.

BK

If you buy one of the few remaining Standards/B-stock Ultras from the Fractal Yahoo store, does it come with the latest firmware 11.0 pre-installed?

Well after spending basically an entire day with it from like 7AM to past midnight yesterday my fingers hurt which is a great measurable for any device's sound. :razz

I noticed three very specific things.

1. I no longer need as many EQ's and filters to dial in a tone. I know that we kind of got used to that as common operating procedure so perhaps some of us have been able to compensate for the stuff that has been improved with v11 so it's not quite as noticeable. Having to use these workarounds wasn't ever considered a big issue, but not having to use them is a big improvement in reality.

2. The feel is different. I am a very external person meaning that what I hear influences my playing a whole lot. I suppose that the 'tube feel' has been beaten to death, but as much as I loved the AxeFX's response I like it even more now.

3. Dynamics and note definition are even better. Once again I never thought that there was something really lacking here, but notes stand out more, volume control changes sound better and overall it sounds more open to me.

The big selling point for me though was that I was able to dial in an AC30 patch yesterday for the first time successfully without using a ton of tricks. In the past I just couldn't get it to sound right to my ears (not that I've been playing AC30's for years so it may have been great). I just know that when I would get it close to what I wanted I ran into clipping issues or it was just too dark and bassy. As soon as I started a new patch it was about 80% there with just amp and cab.

If you buy one of the few remaining Standards/B-stock Ultras from the Fractal Yahoo store, does it come with the latest firmware 11.0 pre-installed?
doesnt matter- you can update it at anytime yourself if v11 is not installed on it when you get it. I believe Fractal will ship it with the most current version.

Back
Top Bottom