Standard/Ultra firmware 11

Cliff has indicated that there will be updates. You have to understand though that both the Ultra and Std are nearly maxed out, there is only so much more they can do. In any case, updates or not, there's a TON that the 1st gen units can do that people haven't even discovered yet.

The high end should be improved.

On the outside it may not look like much of an update but some good stuff under the hood.

I noticed after I did firmware all my patches were smoother sounding ,even tried some amps I wasn't using cause I didn't really like, And they sound good now.YEAAA

Last edited:
I notice after I did firmware all my patches were smoother sounding ,even tried some amps I wasn't using cause I didn't really like, And they sounds good now.YEAAA

Same here. I never quite liked the Powerball sim, but after FW11 it's sounding a LOT better.

I know what you mean - fuzz patches sound more organic, like there's more interaction between the pedal and the amp. the distortion has more depth and sounds dirtier, in a good way :) hard to describe, fun to listen to, a joy to play!

thanks! :)

Yeah I know what you mean Don. Subtle but at the same time there's a difference. The v30 cabs sound so good!

Definitely some improvements all the way around. So far I've tried USA Lead 2, PVH 5105, Euro Uber, and Recto Red. About to fire up the Marsha sims...

Version 11.0 notes say the MV has a wider sweet spot. Has anyone noticed being able to increase the MV on say the USA lead 1 where previously it was suggested to keep it a t 3.5 ?

Version 11.0 notes say the MV has a wider sweet spot. Has anyone noticed being able to increase the MV on say the USA lead 1 where previously it was suggested to keep it a t 3.5 ?

I can put a lot more MV and bass into just about everything. It sounds great with my Tele.

JWW

Thanks Cliff. The update is very nice and is an improvement! I couldn't swing an Ultra from the get go so, I wouldn't purchase the Axe II if it were available then, and certainly not now. The standard has the tone brother, sure the UI is a little clunky, but I accepted that when I bought it. =)
We are observing the "nanny state" mentality from a few. The only thing you owe anyone is excellence in customer service, which you (FAS) do very well. To do that, you must remain profitable to stay in business.
May your company always prosper.
Also a big shout to all those who work with you!

Just updated my firmware to 11 and my jaw is on the floor! everything sounds noticeably tighter, clearer and more defined! I'm even digging patches that previously left me yawning! Thanks, Cliff!

Wow, i never cared for the Soldano LD in the old firmwares, but for high gain this amp sounds killer in 11.

I'm liking V11 more and more. At first I was "meh", just playing a Strat into my existing patches. Last night I used my Tele with much better results.

Tonight I got into some more serious tweaking. On most of my existing patches I had a added a fair amount of low cut in the amp block to tame the low end. Tonight I removed the low cut on some of the low and mid gain amps with great results. I was able to get the big bass I have been missing and just as important, without the premature output overloads I used to get when I tried to crank the bass.

I also experimented with some different cabs than I normally use. I got good results with some cabs, such as the Green, that I have never liked before. Its as if the new power amp model is interacting with the cabs differently. I don't see how this can be the case, but whatever is going on, using the Green with the 59 Plexi got me the first really good Plexi tone I've ever managed to get.

I was skeptical at first, but I'm drinkin' the V11 kool aid now.

JWW

I had a good crank on V11 tonight and did some minor adjustments on my gig patches, and I must say I've never had my FRFR rig feel this good...V11 is very alive and is by far my favorite upgrade since I got the Ultra at V7....this is a fantastic sounding, and feeling, update...

Back
Top Bottom