kimrkdals

Is it permissible to post questions here?

The FX3 is recognized by my computer, but when playing music on platforms like Spotify or YouTube, the sound suddenly cuts out. Playback continues without sound. Additionally, when there's no sound, connecting headphones doesn't produce any audio either. Interestingly, guitar sounds play normally through headphones. I've tried changing USB ports and cables, but to no avail. Restarting the FX3 fixes the issue temporarily. However, it recurs irregularly every few hours, causing significant frustration for months. Please, I desperately need help.

Is it considered a USB contact issue if there is slight play when connecting in the fx3 USB connector?

i am using win 10

If?!? hahaha…
He has corrected TONS of errors/oversights during the years (see firmware notes). Anyone can overlook something... So just adding a tidbit in case it matters and he overlooked it. I haven't read what that USB update is for (don't have a III), but I would probably want it -- can't hurt (usually).

It's something for the OP to grasp onto. Seems he may otherwise be stranded... I'd make sure my unit is up to date before diving into OS probs.

For me, programming in general = making one mistake after the other... Seems this is where Cliff never got the memo... :p

Last edited:
My Mac Mini does that periodically. It’s easily fixable by rebooting the Mac. Is it annoying, yes, is it the Axe’s or any other audio gear’s issue, no.

Also my first question with computers is often, “How long has it been since this computer has been restarted” and if you can’t remember, do what you need to to restart it. It’s amazing how many computer “issues” can be fixed with a simple restart.

Since it’s Windows 10 probably doesn’t hurt to check the audio drivers and if they need updates.

Back
Top Bottom