Sound input into AXE2, output to "phones"

jam3v

I had a setup with my microcube, so my girlfriend wouldn't murder me, that allowed me to plug my computer's headphones output into the Microcube AUX in. Then I could practice with my microcube, using headphones, and I was also able to play along with a song playing on the computer.

How can I do this with the AXE2?

Will I need a stereo -> mono/mono Y cable?

I had a setup with my microcube, so my girlfriend wouldn't murder me, that allowed me to plug my computer's headphones output into the Microcube AUX in. Then I could practice with my microcube, using headphones, and I was also able to play along with a song playing on the computer.

How can I do this with the AXE2?

Will I need a stereo -> mono/mono Y cable?
An easy way to do this is to buy a small mixer (Behringer or other) that has 2 to 4 channels and/or some stereo line level inputs and run the output of the Axe-FX and the output of the computer through this. You can listen to the mix through the headphones. I think I bought a little Behringer mixer for about $40 that would do this. There is probably a way to do it with just the computer, but you may have latency issues.

A cheap headphone amp would do the trick. I think Rolls sells one for about 50 bucks.

easy.. built in to the Axe-II.
Connect your Axe to the PC with USB cable.
Set your music player to use Axe-Fx II Audio (speakers) as output device, plug your phones into the Axe Phones jack and jam!
Control mix level from out level of your player.
OUT1 level on Axe becomes master audio level.

easy.. built in to the Axe-II.
Connect your Axe to the PC with USB cable.
Set your music player to use Axe-Fx II Audio (speakers) as output device, plug your phones into the Axe Phones jack and jam!
Control mix level from out level of your player.
OUT1 level on Axe becomes master audio level.
That's what I do.

I just bought the ART HeadAmp6. More than I need but I wanted the 'more me' feature. I jammed a little bit using the II's headphone jack and was disappointed as many others have been. I can also use this for IEM's live. I can plug aux feed from the board and balance between the aux feed and the Axe feed.

I'm a high gain djent djent meedley meedely meedely type player...

Sent from my iPod.

Back
Top Bottom