Soon

Yes, Tone Matches can be exported as IR's. The list of FX and what is/is not included is still unofficial. For all we know Tone Match will be included... Probably not, but you never know.

As the AX8 doesn't have USB audio I/O it is very unlikely that a TM block will be included, but as you said, user TM's can be imported as IR's

Thanks for the info. I love all the mystery around "soon" and profile pics and such! Nevertheless, I am dying to hear this thing! Still enjoying my relatively new FX8 with head and cab rig, but really looking forward to building a more portable rig around the AX8.

Looking forward to see more demo's on youtube ? Mark Day, Cooper Carter, Larry Mitchell ?
More AX8 moody noodling-experimenting-trials-dailing-programming-playing-whatever....guys?

How's the Release Candidate test case validation going? I suspect well?
It was just released on Friday. I would at least give them the entire weekend before expecting any kind of update... testers need time to test (I don't know what methodology they're using, but if they're going through normal STLC type processes, it takes time. I would suspect that reports from heavy testers would start coming in for Monday and go from there. I also wouldn't expect FAS to report on how testing is going... just an update when completed to satisfaction. RC state of software is pretty dang close, but show stoppers can still be found.

It was just released on Friday. I would at least give them the entire weekend before expecting any kind of update... testers need time to test (I don't know what methodology they're using, but if they're going through normal STLC type processes, it takes time. I would suspect that reports from heavy testers would start coming in for Monday and go from there. I also wouldn't expect FAS to report on how testing is going... just an update when completed to satisfaction. RC state of software is pretty dang close, but show stoppers can still be found.

(I wasn't "actually" expecting a response.)

Surely, I'm not the only one checking this thread first thing Monday morning to see how a weekend of RC testing went.

I think it obvious ,if it is shipping for the holidays we will see a post this week in this section ."like Got my Invite" or AX8 on the way!!!

If not by end of week likely an update from FAS saying they made a decision to hold back release until after holidays.

being Realistic, if it coming before holidays they have to ship by Thurs latest .

At this point I'm hoping they don't send invites until after Christmas. If I buy an AX8 now it will cost me twice the price because I'll also have to buy my wife a $1400 gift. We don't normally buy gifts for each other and spending $1400 on myself a week before Christmas without getting her something just doesn't look good... oh well, maybe a trip to the jewelry store is in my future...

At this point I'm hoping they don't send invites until after Christmas. If I buy an AX8 now it will cost me twice the price because I'll also have to buy my wife a $1400 gift. We don't normally buy gifts for each other and spending $1400 on myself a week before Christmas without getting her something just doesn't look good... oh well, maybe a trip to the jewelry store is in my future...

lol you and the rest of male population .I think Zales does more sales between 5:00 and 6pm on Dec 24th than all December .
And the budget increases as the time is running out .standing room only and it like an auction

You and your wife are two of the least materialistic people I know. I don't think she's counting. :) But if you're concerned, ship it to my house. Ours will probably arrive the same day.

Back
Top Bottom