Songs with guitars reamped through Quantum

fremen

Axe-Master
Vendor

I posted these in my presets thread, however I think they belong to the recording section. Here's three songs from an album my band released in 2009 – although at the time the band was no more, I did everything on it (guitars, bass, drums programming, keyboards, recording and mixing) minus the vocals and keyboard solo on the first song. I wanted to reamp the guitars through the Axe-Fx with Quantum 1.0, here's the result. Those mixes aren't perfect as I don't have the VST from the original SONAR project in my current SONAR installation. Bass and drums, specially, are a little off

For the first song, I used the ENGL Savage 1 (left) and FAS Modern III (right) for the rhythms, the MKIIC+ for the leads, and custom mixes of the latest Ownhammer Justin York Mesa cabs. No post-processing besides the mastering plugin for the whole song.

Second song, Bogner blue model. Third song, ENGL Savage 1 (left) and FAS Modern III (right) again. But for both songs, I used the multiband compressor to scoop the mids and boost the highs and the lows, as I needed a more cutting sound compared to the original presets.

The original 2009 album (12 songs) was not distributed outside Mauritius. I'm considering putting it somewhere as a free download, which will include the original mixes and the few songs I remixed with the reamped guitars, if there's enough people that seems interested…

Great tone, Fremen, and very cool music! Took me back to that early 90's progressive hard rock. :)

Back
Top Bottom