Something rattling around inside my MFC...

Laskyman

Inspired
When ever I pick up my MFC, I can hear something moving around inside- sounds like a nut or small bolt or something-
is it safe to open up and take a peek? I hate that I hear it everytime...what do you say? I just don't want to take it apart and ruin it......

Please advise-

Is the MFC still under warranty?
Contact support.. they MAY tell you to open it up and figure out what's rolling around - saving shipping time, expense and so on.
They can then tell you where to put it back. ;)

If not under warranty, the MFC is pcb's, cables and switches in steel box. You won't break anything if you remove the screws and take look.
find out what's rolling around, and if you can't figure out where the part goes, call support!

Couple ?s

Which version of the MFC do you have? Do any of your footswitches not work (turn led on/off)?

It's possible that a spring underneath one of the footswitches came off and is rolling around loose as they are not permanently attached. The spring makes the contact which sends on/off commands, etc. If this is the case, it's an easy fix for a DIY project. The spring attaches to a threaded screw as you will notice on all the other switches.

If it's something other than a loose spring, follow the wise advice above.

Mine is a III, I am the original owner, but the warranty is past as I have had it for a couple years.
The Controller functions perfectly as well, I just hate the rattling around whenever I pack in or out of a venue....

Back
Top Bottom