Someone took my name. Need help

Anthony David

Experienced
Apparently one of our new members has decided he is also going to go by Arthur Vandelay. He saw that the name was taken and added an underscore. How incredibly rude. Anyways, how do I change my name? I can't figure it out.

Ps @Art_Vandelay You aren't half the architect I am.

I know, the joke is that Art isn't really an architect. It was a call out to a fellow Seinfeld fan. I really do need to know how to change the name though.

Hey, Costanza. You could change it to Cantstandya.

Lol that was one of the things I considered. Ended up deciding on Newman until I was told I couldn't change it. Probably gonna take a break from the forum though, can't even playfully ask a question without some tosser talking down to you anymore. I don't have time to contribute anyway, I work 60 hours a week and spend the rest of the time playing. I will figure it out with the mods I guess.

Lol that was one of the things I considered. Ended up deciding on Newman until I was told I couldn't change it. Probably gonna take a break from the forum though, can't even playfully ask a question without some tosser talking down to you anymore. I don't have time to contribute anyway, I work 60 hours a week and spend the rest of the time playing. I will figure it out with the mods I guess.
For the record Iaresee, is the guy who upgraded the forum a month or so ago. He would be the guy who knows. He's just playing with you, he's not a guy who offends on purpose.

For the record Iaresee, is the guy who upgraded the forum a month or so ago. He would be the guy who knows. He's just playing with you, he's not a guy who offends on purpose.

I've been here since 2011 under various accounts, I know who Ian is. I also know he's a cool guy, I've had many pleasant conversations with him. Just wasn't sure where the 'kid' thing came from. He could have simply said, 'Sorry, you can't do that.' But instead he acts like he's teaching me some life lesson that I was too immature to comprehend. You act like a tosser, you'll get called a tosser. I'm not being entirely serious myself, but it did rub me the wrong way. At my age, I haven't been referred to as 'kid' in a long time.

I've been here since 2011 under various accounts, I know who Ian is. I also know he's a cool guy, I've had many pleasant conversations with him. Just wasn't sure where the 'kid' thing came from. He could have simply said, 'Sorry, you can't do that.' But instead he acts like he's teaching me some life lesson that I was too immature to comprehend. You act like a tosser, you'll get called a tosser. I'm not being entirely serious myself, but it did rub me the wrong way. At my age, I haven't been referred to as 'kid' in a long time.
I understand what your saying. Man, I would love to be called kid. At 49, I have just become the old guy wherever I play.
For the record I had to go see what Art Vandelay was all about. I found a collage on YouTube, pretty funny. I can see why you picked it.

Have a great day, hopefully you have it off.

I understand what your saying. Man, I would love to be called kid. At 49, I have just become the old guy wherever I play.
For the record I had to go see what Art Vandelay was all about. I found a collage on YouTube, pretty funny. I can see why you picked it.

Have a great day, hopefully you have it off.

Hey, thanks bud, you too. I'm not quite 'the old guy' yet but I am 'the fat guy with the beard,' so I can relate somewhat lol.

"importer/exporter" would be a great handle, same photo

But it still means starting a new account.

I say keep the one you have, and don't worry about another member with a similar name.

Apparently one of our new members has decided he is also going to go by Arthur Vandelay. He saw that the name was taken and added an underscore. How incredibly rude. Anyways, how do I change my name? I can't figure it out.
Ps @Art_Vandelay
I don't believe you can change it yourself.
I'm not even sure I can...
Technically speaking he didn't take your name as that account was created before yours - so it's NOT a new users. While yours has far more activity, it could be viewed as you using theirs (minus the underscore) and you are the offending account - depending on ones perspective.

The other account has had 2 posts this week (of 4 total since creation in 2013) on Tues and Wed.
Unless you find there's a conflict going forward, you could always create a new account, and not use this one. You'd lose history, likes, identity, etc.

Meanwhile, I'll have to look into forum rules on your request..

And whoosh the joke went, right over some of your heads. Obviously sarcasm isn't easily detectable in text, but I did explain that I was joking in post three of this thread. Reading comprehension people. So yes, @iaresee , you being an ass in a playful context warrants being called a tosser. Also playfully, of course. And I don't know what a DM is, sorry.

To everyone else, glad you enjoy Seinfeld as well. Lols to all.

His was created first, and he is incredibly rude?

You should read more carefully. It was friendly sarcasm to a fellow Seinfeld fan, as I explained in my second post in this thread. I really thought it was obvious or I wouldn't have said anything to the guy.

I can't tell if OP is serious or not... but, you both took a fictional character's name. Nobody "took" your name, OP. You both took it from the same place.
And that's the joke. Sorry it wasn't obvious but it seems a few people knew I wasn't at all serious.

Back
Top Bottom