Somebody please explain.

You can't. The two XLRs are the L+R channels within Output 1.

If you want separate levels then one will have to run from the XLR/Jack on Output 1 and the other from the Jack on Output 2.

OK, thanks for that. So how do I get around the XLR cables that are usually reserved for microphones that i'd use to go to FOH and my active monitor only have an XLR input and not have too much volume on stage and not enough going to FOH etc?

Set copy out1 to out2 and get a jack to XLR cable. Then run FoH from the balanced XLR and your monitor from output 2.

On the Axe, Copy out 1 to out 2. Then use the XLR connector to FOH and since out 2 is a balanced 1/4" use a TRS to XLR-m cable to your active monitor. If your monitor has a loop thru (a lot do) you could use that to go to FOH as another way to do it. Then you just have your cable going from Out 1 to your speaker, the house gets signal right from your monitor.

On the Axe, Copy out 1 to out 2. Then use the XLR connector to FOH and since out 2 is a balanced 1/4" use a TRS to XLR-m cable to your active monitor. If your monitor has a loop thru (a lot do) you could use that to go to FOH as another way to do it. Then you just have your cable going from Out 1 to your speaker, the house gets signal right from your monitor.

Pretty sure that Output 2 is unbalanced. It accepts a TRS connection, but that's for the Humbuster technology rather than for use as a balanced connection.

Output 2 is unbalanced.

Pretty sure that Output 2 is unbalanced. It accepts a TRS connection, but that's for the Humbuster technology rather than for use as a balanced connection.

you can still use a TRS to XLR cable or adaptor from Output 2 and get tons of signal. i do it all the time.

True, the Axe's 1/4" outputs are unbalanced, but it'll still work.

I'm using an RCF ART-22A. Fortunately, it has an XLR "through". I'll connect that to FOH and see how it sounds. I'd quite like to see 4 XLR ports in the Axe 3, when it arrives in 2017/18 etc

Back
Top Bottom