Some more Marshallesque fun (new Slash amps included)

What's Your Fav?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
thing is, i really like the AFD2, but dial it in a bit different than it sounds here. it doesn't get a lot of votes in comparison to the others, because it's simply not dialled in as good as it could be. it just needs a bit more treble and bit less gain, imo

probably right....Splawn could be better as well. I tried them all with the controls relatively the same except for the occasional MV/G adjustment so it wasn't a drastic difference. I definitely didn't tweak them each to their best possible representations. Like I said, it was quick and dirty, lol...

probably right....Splawn could be better as well. I tried them all with the controls relatively the same except for the occasional MV/G adjustment so it wasn't a drastic difference. I definitely didn't tweak them each to their best possible representations. Like I said, it was quick and dirty, lol...

I like it dirty :wink-new:

Im on my way to vacation (Axe is with me, of course), so I can't post patches until late tonight or tomorrow, but my settings were the same for the most part, Master may have been a tad higher for the AFD's.

My basic Dirty Shirley rock tone is:

Gain - 6
Bass - 5
Mids - 5-6
Treb - 5-6
Presence - 3
Master - 5
Bright - on

I've played with the Master higher on that amp and the highs/upper mid seem to get fizzy/ratty, but depending on guitar you could maybe work it a bit harder. Could also eq and perhaps remove the Bright switch to offset.

The settings for the AFD were almost exactly the same, except i think I had the Master on that amp up around 7.

I will post patches as soon as I can fire up my Axe and Edit. Thanks for the interest and kinds words, guys, means a lot.

Impossible for me to get that amount of gain with the AFD1 with those settings. Not even close.
Felt the same way when Clark posted some clip in another thread after I tried his settings.
Not sure if you guys are using really high output pickups or if there's something else going on here.
I'm using a Les Paul with nailbomb pickups.
With those settings all I have to do to get a cleanish sound is to roll down the volume on my guitar to 5 or 6..

Last edited:
i was using an LTD Eclipse with a Duncan JB in the bridge, not exactly a high output pup. I'll double check the settings in a bit to make sure I'm not telling you wrong.

i was using an LTD Eclipse with a Duncan JB in the bridge, not exactly a high output pup. I'll double check the settings in a bit to make sure I'm not telling you wrong.

Please post your Patches!!!
I'm using a Les Paul with Duncan pickups and PRS with the Duncan JB in the bridge, but don't get even close with your listed settings!!!

Back
Top Bottom