Some live Axe-FX II for you - Rush Floyd Zeppelin

Thats some nice playing! Love those classic pink floyd tunes!

The singer should have less reverb on the microphone, though. Vocals sound really muddy below all that reverb. Also I feel there's a little bit too much chorus/flanger on the lead sound, especially on "comfortably numb". I prefer a little bit more of the raw guitar sound coming through.

dipped into a few tunes and the guitar tones are really great. the gilmour solo tone in money is really spot on

the band is really tight, although the vocals did let the side down a bit, imo. less reverb, better eq and she might be able to hear herself better

dipped into a few tunes and the guitar tones are really great. the gilmour solo tone in money is really spot on

the band is really tight, although the vocals did let the side down a bit, imo. less reverb, better eq and she might be able to hear herself better

Thanks for the feedback.

you're welcome. see if she's willing to try a short delay with one or two repeats (robert plant stylee) instead of reverb. she'll still get that "bounceback" but it won't muddy the sound so much. someone needs to stand out front before the gig and have a listen to her voice through the pa - a bit more top end and upper mids needed in the eq, as far as i can tell.

kudos to you guys for not taking the easy route and just playing the "easy" covers :)

you're welcome. see if she's willing to try a short delay with one or two repeats (robert plant stylee) instead of reverb. she'll still get that "bounceback" but it won't muddy the sound so much. someone needs to stand out front before the gig and have a listen to her voice through the pa - a bit more top end and upper mids needed in the eq, as far as i can tell.

kudos to you guys for not taking the easy route and just playing the "easy" covers :)

Thanks. Yeah, we do need to spend more time collectively on our FOH mix. I don't think Penny will change her FX settings though... She's quite picky about what she likes.

Guitar sounds and playing are great!

Again I'm put off by a singer who's checking the lyrics all the time, clearly in sight. Especially when the other musicians put so much effort into production details as backing tracks and spot-on tones, and playing rather complex songs.

Guitar sounds and playing are great!

Again I'm put off by a singer who's checking the lyrics all the time, clearly in sight. Especially when the other musicians put so much effort into production details as backing tracks and spot-on tones, and playing rather complex songs.

Yeah, I know. She doesn't even need them but she uses them as a crutch. It's annoying but she won't get rid of them.

Dude killer job on Burn man! I love that song, and you've got some serious rockin' tone on it. Awesome band, I'd come out to see you (if you were in Singapore :D)

Back
Top Bottom