Some Les Pauls (and their copies) compared

Great videos, @2112. IMO, my PRS SE 245 with stock pickups plays and sounds as good or better than any Les Paul (Gibson or Epiphone) I've played in the past 30 years. It's a sweet player, and it cost me less than $500 new. (Still miss the '67 Custom that was stolen from me years ago, though.)

Back to the original topic. I thought the Greco with the Dirty Finger sounded best. Second favorite was the LP Artist.
Not a surprise I guess...I love the Dirty Finger pick ups.

I'm gonna have to go with the 2002 Standard. I have a 2001 Standard with the same build specs, and I have Aldrich pickups in mine, it is glorious to play.
2000 to around 2003/04 have about the most comfortable neck carve I have ever played. Sits right in between a 60's and fat 50's. My 2001 is my number 1 guitar all because of that neck!

I'm gonna have to go with the 2002 Standard. I have a 2001 Standard with the same build specs, and I have Aldrich pickups in mine, it is glorious to play.
2000 to around 2003/04 have about the most comfortable neck carve I have ever played. Sits right in between a 60's and fat 50's. My 2001 is my number 1 guitar all because of that neck!
Yeah it plays itself, definitely the golden era of modern Gibson

I have a black Bernie Marsden PRS that sounds awesome. I paid $400.00 for it. I had to drive 1.5 hours each way to pick it up. But it was worth it. Had Seymour Duncan P-Rails installed with mini switches to select different pickup types. It is a killer guitar, especially considering they the typically sell for 400.00 - 500.00.

Back
Top Bottom