Some differences in III versus the II.....

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
Getting ready to use the III for the first gig this Saturday. Dialing things in and noticed that the noise gate settings seem to be different from the II. I'm running up to -20db in some situations and never had to with the II. Doesn't really matter but can someone explain if it operates different in the III vs the II?

I also notice that my amp level is much higher on the III vs the II. On the II I was running -15 to -29db where now I'm at -8db in general. Just curious on this and any other changes that I'm not seeing and why this is?

There are a couple threads, I think one of which I started, where we were asking about the noise gate because our threshold settings between the 2 units were off by 20 db. Cliff said there is a 20 db offset between the 2 units. So if your noise gate settings are different between the 2 units by 20 db, it's exactly where it should be by design. Good question.

Here is the thread: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/noise-gate-settings-between-ii-and-iii.139842/

I don't remember off hand if I noticed any difference in amp levels. I'll take a look when I have a chance.

Ha so I wasn't crazy! I used the Axe Fx II to Axe Fx III transfer program and everything was wildly noisy until I started dialing the noise gate to mentioned above.

What about the amp level also being higher on the III than the II? Again...does not matter and is what it is, just curious.
Are you using -10dB or +4dB for your Output level? Axe Fx II didn't have an option for that as far as I remember.

Thank you for sharing this info! I was starting to think something was wrong with my guitar or the power in my house bc I was getting, so much more noise. I had been turning the Global Offset all the way up, so I didn't have to adjust each preset.

You prob both know but FYI that wouldn’t affect the Amp block Level setting.
It will affect the output level... If you're dialing in your Amp block level based on how loud things are and things are much louder you'd probably turn it down.

Back
Top Bottom