[SOLVED] Getting a weird chorus effect. Phase issues?

ToneRanger

Inspired
Not sure what's going on but im getting this weird chorused out ringing kind of noise with just about all of my presets. I restored everything to factory. Everything set to stereo. It's really bad on usb playback. Monitoring with headphones. Its really bad with C and open A notes and chords.

Heres a preset. http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=6853

Edit. Possibly coming from ROOM settings

Not sure what's going on but im getting this weird chorused out ringing kind of noise with just about all of my presets. I restored everything to factory. Everything set to stereo. It's really bad on usb playback. Monitoring with headphones. Its really bad with C and open A notes and chords.

describe your physical connections and sound reproduction gear.

you mention setting it to factory. have you tried Factory Presets? do they exhibit the issue?

Got be an issue with your setup. Possibly summing to mono causing phase issues.

describe your physical connections and sound reproduction gear.

you mention setting it to factory. have you tried Factory Presets? do they exhibit the issue?
Guitar- Cord- Axe FX.
Ill try a few. Everything in global is set to stereo. All blocks should be too.
It seems to be worse with a higher room level.

Now when i choose an input method, keep it left or sum?

I mentioned that. Headphones. only because it's late. Does the same thing on studio monitors
i assume you're using the headphone output on the front of the Axe? if you jiggle the headphone connection in the jack on the axe, does anything change?

when you use studio monitors, are you using Output 1? Output 2? 1/4"? XLR cables? 1 or 2 cables? (i asked this earlier)

some things that make it really bad are room level and the enhancer block.

Exactly the symptoms of phase cancelling. Somehow somewhere you're summing a stereo signal to mono.

P.S. Room ambience in Cab block turns a mono signal into stereo.

Im getting closer. tweaking the ins and outs on the amp/cab blocks. the phasing is going away but comes back turning room up. Im looking at how factory and Leon's presets are set up.

it's better if the amp block is set to Left and not Sum. Cab is stereo and center. gets phasy panned hard

Last edited:

I hear it as well. If you go to the cab block and unmute the 2nd IR pan them both fully left and right the phasing is gone. Also turning the room level down removes it.

i loaded the preset.

i hear zero difference when i change the Input Mode in the Cab block or the Input Mode in the Amp block. zero change at all while playing and changing those.

are you running a DAW with monitoring turned on?

i loaded the preset.

i hear zero difference when i change the Input Mode in the Cab block or the Input Mode in the Amp block. zero change at all while playing and changing those.

are you running a DAW with monitoring turned on?
Nope. only running Axe Edit.

i forgot i had the second muted.
please export and upload the preset again correctly so we hear exactly what you're hearing. if the original preset isn't the same as you have it, then it's not helping us help you.

upload it here, instead of putting it on Axechange where people look for good presets.

the only thing close to "phase issues" i'm hearing is when i turn the Room Level up. but that's just what Room Level sounds like.

maybe you just don't like what Room Level sounds like? turn it all the way down.

Back
Top Bottom