[SOLVED] Getting a weird chorus effect. Phase issues?

please export and upload the preset again correctly so we hear exactly what you're hearing. if the original preset isn't the same as you have it, then it's not helping us help you.

upload it here, instead of putting it on Axechange where people look for good presets.
Here ya go. For me, it's really bad with the room level around 50%.

Attachments

• Mark 2C++ Test.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 6
yeah, i think you just don't like the Room Level being turned up. it's sorta the "dr it hurts when i do this" thing.
I used to run it all the way up with my 2XL+ with headphones and i don't rememer it acting that way. I know things change all the time and you have to readjust things.

here's a quick video of what it sounds like with my guitar. i prefer the Drive pedal off, but recorded as is. only change is the Room level down to 0 or turned up.

Room Level is basically a small, short Reverb that can cause phasing. so maybe it's not good for using with this type of tone.

I used to run it all the way up with my 2XL+ with headphones and i don't rememer it acting that way. I know things change all the time and you have to readjust things.
the Room modeling was changed several firmwares ago on the Axe3. it's generally much better, with more controls.

try playing around with the Floor Reflections. turn THAT down instead of the Room Level and you might like it.

grr. i tried making a video but i have a dry signal bleeding into the audio. NO idea why. only does it in OBS, not reaper. Everything other than the Axe FX is muted. Factory default settings.

Its weird that every time I hear a preset run through an interface rather than USB direct, something in my ears makes my USB recordings sound "off". Like not as full/immediate or as "stereo". I have a tascam recorder to mess with and see what happens. Another forumite I talked to earlier said that none of his videos are USB direct.

The guitar I used is an Ibanez Prestige with Dimarzio Tone Zone. I have a Sterling Jp100d that would sound closer to your majesty.

I'll try a different USB cable too.

Checked the preset. It's Room Level that does something wrong.

Why do you have the same IR active in slots 1 and 2 of the Cab block, panned center?

Checked the preset. It's Room Level that does something wrong.

Why do you have the same IR active in slots 1 and 2 of the Cab block, panned center?
Not sure. I typically don't do that. I know at one point I was messing with two that were right next to each other 388 and 389 panned hard. Probably wasn't paying attention when I saved it.

Last edited:
Definitely learning new things when it comes to panning, room reverb, air level at 15 and the enhancer block. I was using too much...

Last edited:
Thanks for the help guys. I'm getting much better results. Instead of the Enhancer, I'm just running the cab block in stereo and panning it. Modest room levels make making with headphones much better and I'm not getting the weird phasing issue.

Now to figure out why I'm getting dry signal bleed through on OSB. There's nothing in the settings to change the inputs. Reaper is fine...
OBS settings have extensive Audio input selections. check them again.

Screen Shot 2019-03-11 at 1.56.55 PM.png

@ToneRanger what happens if you change the AMP block in preset 005 to Recto2 Red Modern -- do you still get the clean signal bleeding through? Just change the AMP block's amp type and nothing else.

I have it turned off for the night but I was thinking that. I'll respond when I try that.
If you don't get bleed through when you try this, please post preset 006 for us to try and debug it.

If you do get bleed through when you try this we'll have to look elsewhere for the problem.

Im getting audio in OBS studio without even having a row activated. You can't hear the dry signal while playing and recording, only in playback and only on the OBS studio. Reaper doesn't pick it up. OBS does not have a setting that tells you what USB channels are on or off.

Attachments

• Recto.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 0
@ToneRanger what happens if you change the AMP block in preset 005 to Recto2 Red Modern -- do you still get the clean signal bleeding through? Just change the AMP block's amp type and nothing else.
It has nothing to do with the amps selected. For a while i thought it may have been the internal mic but i disabled it. when i unplug the guitar from the axe fx there's no signal.

I was looking at the front screen meters. even with no preset loaded, usb channels 5 and 6 are active (because they are the default DI reamp tracks) and for some weird reason, all of the video making programs ive found don't have a setting to turn those off. i can do it just fine in reaper.

Back
Top Bottom