SOLVED: Axe Edit partially freezes shortly after opening Pro Tools

I really don't think anything has changed on our side. I'll ask @Michael Pickens
I followed the instructions in the post below and was able to run ProTools and Axe-Edit at the same time on Windows 11:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...y-after-opening-pro-tools.199422/post-2497038

It is important to enter the name of the Midi ports exactly as they are used on your Windows computer. Follow these steps to get the correct port names:

1. With ProTools closed, open Axe-Edit and connect to a running Axe-Fx III.
2. From Axe-Edit's Preference dialog click the down arrow on the Ports Input dropdown. Look for an entry that contains the substring "Axe-Fx III MIDI In". It may contain other characters. For instance, my entry is "3- Axe-Fx III MIDI In".
3. Enter the full entry in the ExcludedMIDIPorts.txt document with the [Emulated] tag.
4. Click the down arrow on the Ports Output dropdown. Look for an entry that contains the substring "Axe-Fx III MIDI Out". It may contain other characters. For instance, my entry is "3- Axe-Fx III MIDI Out".
5. Enter the full entry in the ExcludedMIDIPorts.txt document with the [Emulated] tag.

(Follow the same instructions for FM9-Edit.)

The bold text below is my ExcludedMIDIPorts.txt. (Your ports may look different depending on your computer. Please note: Windows will rename Midi Ports as the computer is rebooted and/or USB devices are connected/disconnected. The numeric prefix is subject to change and may not be present at all. You will need to append new entries to your ExcludedMIDIPorts.txt file if the port names change.)

3- Axe-Fx III MIDI Out [Emulated]
3- Axe-Fx III MIDI In [Emulated]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom